“Too Short of a Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Santo Domingo

You added Hilton Santo Domingo to your Saves list
Hilton Santo Domingo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave George Washington, No 500, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA
“Too Short of a Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed for one night recently. Really nice hotel. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Room service was good as well. I would get the churrasco again. I wish I could have spent some time at the pool.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the lobby, the more access you have to free internet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HSantoDomingo, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Ryanslloyd:

Thank you for taking the time to inform us and others of your experience at our hotel. Our staff is delighted to hear that their hard work and attitude does not go unnoticed. We hope that a future visit by you to Santo Domingo will include a stay with us.

Cordially,

Yajaira Maldonado I Manager – Communications & Social Media

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

At Santo Domingo, Hilton Hotel staff has exceptional customer service skills. From the reception to housekeeping, they make sure that your stay is pleasant and enjoyable. The staff is courteous and very helpful at any time. I will continue to be a hhonors member for years to come.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HSantoDomingo, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest:

We are thrilled to read your comment and we thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel since it is a fine motivation for us to know that we have reached our goal of making your stay a great one.

Should I be able to assist you with future accommodations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great rooms, awesome wifi!
Staff is lovely overall and pool deck pretty chill food is tasty. Tiritas de carne y pollo with tostones great semi local pool dish. I have stayed here several times and consistent experience. Nice gym also if you into that.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for taking the time to show your appreciation for the service received during your stay. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed our pool deck and food.

Please in case you need assistance with future accommodations, do not hesitate to contact me

Hope to see you soon!

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Last Decemeber 2012, i joined the Premium Membership Program. I FULL prepaid , however they took 6 MONTHS to send me the Membership, therefore i could not enjoy my privileges.!!!!

It’s amazing how come a company like Hilton, takes such a long time, however I gave Hilton an opportunity.
The first day I tried to enjoy with my family the hotel, I had to pay full bill because my plastic card did not go thru.

Nobody was able to attend me, nobody showed up, nobody helped me, at front desk they gave me a phone number to call the day after.
Normally should be you calling me, not me having to call you.
Anyway, I did it, and took me several calls to be attended.

When finally they answered my call, instead of giving me a phone answer, they just sent me an email which went to my junk box.
When I finally realized I had that email, my surprise was bigger when I read the answer was i was going to receive a dinner voucher for 2.

FIRST I was awaiting for a call answer, not an email, and second, they cannot pay my frustration for not been able to enjoy my membership with a dinner for 2.

I immediately replied the email, expressing more or less all I have been writing here.

Again, NO ANSWER received, and passed more than a month so I sent a letter of complaint requesting full reimburse of my membership to Mrs. Beatriz Carrillo (Gerente de Programa Club Premium Hilton at Sto Domingo)
Today, I have just received an answer.
They are not going to refund me the money i paid for a member ship i never enjoyed.

I am better tan Hilton Hotels, dont need they reimburse me but want everyone know how they do cheat and lie to us.
On top of that, i must say, service was VERY por, swiming pool dirty as well as the común áreas.

Will never recommend to stay at that hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HSantoDomingo, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and input regarding your stay at Hilton Santo Domingo, your opinion is very important for us. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations when staying at our Hotel.

If there is anything I can assist you with on a future stay in Santo Domingo, please contact me.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I missed a connecting flight and was concerned a friend arriving at the hotel without me would have trouble checking in. But Indira took care of all the details with just a phone call! TREMENDOUS SERVICE!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest:

We appreciate you have taken the time to comment on your recent stay in our hotel, and that you have chosen Hilton while visiting the city.

We also thank you for your comments about our team members helpfulness. We'll be delighted to pass Indhira your comments.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I traveled to Santo Domingo for business and stayed at the Hilton for 4 days. It is a very nice hotel with ocean front views. The staff is wonderful and speaks english well, which is a big plus. The rooms are comfortable and have a great view of the ocean. The pool on the 7th floor is nice and it is high enough to get away from the smog on street level. Breakfast is excellent with a large selection of eggs, fresh fruit and breads. There is not one thing to complain about with reguards to this Hilton.
The only bad thing is what goes on outside the hotel. The traffic is heavy and the drivers really do not care that they cut people off, drive into on-coming traffic, or on the sidewalk. It is hard to breath when standing in front of the hotel because of all the traffic. The crime is high in this area and it is not advisable to go out by yourself.
One thing I would like to say though, is the staff does look out for the well being of their guests and even non guests. My first morning at the Hilton, I came outside to wait for my ride and I noticed something that was really out of place. Walking on the sidewalk across the street from the hotel, there was a white guy walking wearing only his boxer shorts. The doormen also saw this and ran across the street, stopping traffic, and brought the guy to the hotel lobby. The man was dazed and confused and did not know where he was or where he was staying. The hotel staff got him a towel and some water and brought him to a room so he could take a shower. Sometime during the day, they found out who this guy was and brought him to his hotel. Turns out that the man was walking by himself along the water and got beaten and robbed.
I would really like to thank the staff for helping this man out in his time of need.

Room Tip: Rooms from the 8th floor on up are the best for ocean views. Do not travel outside the hotel by you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Dan T.:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback in regards to your recent stay in our hotel. It is a great pleasure to know you enjoyed our breakfast and our amazing views. For our team members being hospitable is a core value so we appreciate your recognition.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Excellent stay. The service was great and the staff very courteous.. My room faced the ocean and it was clean and tidy . The breakfast was great with many food items to choose to accommodate different diets. It has a large pool, a fitness center and a beautiful view of the ocean. Cons: The water has a strong chlorine smell, extra charge for parking and NO activities for guests.
I recommend it.

Room Tip: Room facing the ocean and corner suites are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HSantoDomingo, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear OlgaSe,

Thank you so much for your comments; it pleases us to know that you have enjoyed our service and the cleanliness of our rooms.

We also thank you for the constructive comments.

Please contact me if there is anything I can assist you with on a future stay in Santo Domingo.

Yajaira Maldonado I Manager – Communications & Social Media

Been to Hilton Santo Domingo? Share your experiences!