Stayed here October 2012, right when Sandy hit the island. Despite a hurricane raging through the area, and the streets under a few feet of water just outside the door, I never felt any concern at the hotel. The hotel's restaurants have odd hours, and when we arrived there very hungry around 3pm, we were told there was no food that could be served to us until 5pm, ergo we waited in the bar, relaxing from the long flight in.
We ate at the hotel several nights simply due to the hurricane and I cannot recommend the food. The steak I had was tough, and the cost for everything was far too high. My fellow traveler didn't believe the steak was that bad, ordered it the following night, and concurred. The breakfast buffet was overpriced for the variety, and there were frequently seating issues. I could not usually find a waiter to help during the breakfast buffet, however several staff were usually hanging around the cashier area talking. Asking them anything would have them tell me they would see if they could find someone to help but never doing anything. Dinner seating had similar waitstaff issues.
My room was very clean, and the wifi was rock solid, which I did not expect. I also found it to be comfortable and enjoyed the view. I had an issue with my bill, in that I felt that I had been overcharged, and I recieved a personal email from the manager breaking down the reasons for my charges that satisfied me. My company should have taken advantage of a different booking, but that was not the hotel's issue.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Santo Domingo Hotel Santo Domingo
- Hilton Santo Domingo Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Santo Domingo
- Santo Domingo Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Santo Domingo is located on the southern side of the city, 31 kilometers (35 minutes) away from the Las Americas International Airport and 110 kilometers (120 minutes) away from La Romana International Airport. Situated near Santo Domingo’s major corporations, the downtown business sector. Hilton Santo Domingo is the perfect hotel for business and events.The Hilton Santo Domingo with 21 floors and panoramic elevators in the atrium is the tallest hotel in Santo Domingo and overlooks the tranquil waters of the Caribbean sea, with 3 bars and one restaurant. All guests can enjoy free internet WiFi at Vista Bar and Akwa Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Prestigia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Santo Domingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.