The staff was very helpful and the hotel was beautiful. However, I can't say much good about a place where I'm told not to walk across the street to eat for fear of muggings. I'm not a timid person, but after about 80 warnings I figured there may be something to this. The Hilton is a very nice, modern hotel. I assume it's in a prime location. However, I'm not quite sure what was prime about it. That may relate to Santo Domingo in general. If you're going to Santo Domingo, I'd recommend staying here. The rooms, staff and facilities were all fine. Do not expect this to be a Dominican beach vacation, though (not that we expected this, but we were surprised a bit by the lack of a beach).
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Santo Domingo Hotel Santo Domingo
- Hilton Santo Domingo Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Santo Domingo
- Santo Domingo Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Santo Domingo is located on the southern side of the city, 31 kilometers (35 minutes) away from the Las Americas International Airport and 110 kilometers (120 minutes) away from La Romana International Airport. Situated near Santo Domingo’s major corporations, the downtown business sector. Hilton Santo Domingo is the perfect hotel for business and events.The Hilton Santo Domingo with 21 floors and panoramic elevators in the atrium is the tallest hotel in Santo Domingo and overlooks the tranquil waters of the Caribbean sea, with 3 bars and one restaurant. All guests can enjoy free internet WiFi at Vista Bar and Akwa Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Venere, Prestigia, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Santo Domingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.