“Worth it for the gym alone” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels

You added BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels to your Saves list
BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Sarasota #53 | Bella Vista, Santo Domingo 1818, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #16 of 76 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Mission Viejo, California
“Worth it for the gym alone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks for business travel. I have a hard time working out while on the road because hotels consider a "gym" to be a sole treadmill in a room with mirrors on the wall. The BQ does have the afformentioned gym; HOWEVER, they give you free access to a gym about a 7 min. walk away that is by far the nices gym I've been to in my life. You have to see it to believe it. It's a safe area so don't be afraid to walk there.

I also love the restaurant here. It has an indoor part and an outdoor part, and with the DR's fantastic climate you can sit outside any time of day or night. After a long day of work it's nice to sit on the patio for a drink or a long dinner- if I lived here it's a place I would come back to to hang out.

The staff of the hotel and the restaurant are very friendly. The rooms feel old, but they clean them up pretty nice. If you stay here, I hope you like waking up to the sound of roosters (I do).

If you are here between October and February make sure you catch a baseball game of the Tigres de Licey (the Yankees of the DR). If you are here on the weekend check out the historic center. When you ask about the beach people will tell you about Punta Cana and Boca Chica. I went to Punta Cana, it's very upscale, you won't find a lot of Dominican's, but you will find a lot of Europeans. The beach is beautiful, but don't let people in Santo Domingo tell you it's 45 minutes away- it's not, it's more like 2:30 - 3 hours. I didn't go to Boca Chica, but it's a lot closer and it's where the Dominicans go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Laura T, Director Comercial at BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for your comments, we are glad you did enjoy your stay!!!, We will take care about your suggestions regarding rooms and noise.

Hope to see you around again!

Kindest regards!

Directora Comercial

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Groveland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great location! Fantastic staff!!!! This was my first visit to this hotel/brand and I was impressed with the quality of service. Even thou the rooms might need a little bit of more upgrade, it was great! The staff is extremely friendly- always greeted you with a big smile, made you feel welcome. Upon check in the following individuals welcome me with a big smile and made me feel as we were long time friends: Yameli V. and Alvaro A. And of course, the bellman Edwin F. During the course of my stay (5 nights) in different occasion each employee I encountered were great! Front Desk staff: Jordi N.; Leonardo S.; Jesus F. The cleanliness of the room was superb too! Thanks to Santica, Eugenia and Miguelina. Breakfast buffet- wow the food was superb, presentation very nice and all the staff in the restaurant was great too!!! (sorry I didn't get all their names)Upon checkout I made reservations to return next year!!!!! Anyone going to the Dominican Republic, should stay at this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Laura T, Director Comercial at BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Good afternoon,

We really appreciate your comments... Our staff is happy to know they had accomplished the mission :)

We are so deligthed to assist you, hope to see you around again.

Best regards!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We've stayed at BQ Hotel for 2 nights. The staff is friendly and helpful, rooms are pretty big and clean. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood and has a private parking. I would recommend BQ for any traveler who need a stress-less stay in Santo Domingo.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first building are newer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

Thank you very much for your comments and recomendations. Your feedback is so important for us!!!

We hope to assist you again!

Kindest regards!

Ohio, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

First of all thanks to all BQ staff,for making my stay so enjoyable!!
I have to say that I love the restaurant,my favourite is casa veras chicken breast...the wifi
Was good,they have extra wifi routers in case you need it,i could work perfectly well!!
There was a young guy at reception geordie that helped me a few times,very kind and friendly,
Never been at the pool but what i've seen in pictures its amazing!
Good job!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you very much for your nice comments!!! We are so glad to reach our goals during your stay!

It is a pleasure to have you as a client....

Hope to see you again at the Hotel...

All the best!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

All over the night there was a loudy nose from the halls, of platform and pumps.
Next the elavators you fount the ladys night wis some business mens that picture them in almost naked dress.
Whis all the noise at night, we tried tO sleep on mattress that it's springs were be terible. Me ant my husband felt every movement or shift one of the other.
The price in the reception are change in two weeks only!- two weeks before we arriving to this hotel, we talk whis the reception on phone about the price- they told us that it is going to cost 70$us included two of us per night, include the breakfast and tax! - when we talk face to face whis them the price be 96$!! 26$ more!
I'm hope that you learn from my bad expirience.

• Stayed September 2013
Laura T, Director Comercial at BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Good afternoon,

First of all thank you for let us know the situations you had faced during your visit in our hotel. We do apologize for all the inconveniences and promise you to work on those matters for not to repeat them again.

Please feel free to contact us the next time you need a hotel in Santo Domingo, and we will take care of you personally.

Sincerelly,

The General Management
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

An excellent location, service and restaurant. It has a very nice lounge and pool at the roof with a great view. Front desk is always helpful. There are various stores and drugstores around and the restaurant is magnificent. Rooms are big and clean, the bed was not very comfortable but nothing else to complain about.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Laura T, Director Comercial at BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for your comment! We are glad to know you had a great time with us...

We hope to receive you in the future and will take care about your bed suggestion.

All the best.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a penthouse suite in April of 2013.
had a few friends stay there with us. Total 3 suites with double rooms in each.
Clean, great price, great restaurants, great pool, great drinks, friendly staff.
what else could you ask for in Santo Domingo. If you are not staying at an all inclusive and want to be in the city. this is the stylish place you want to be. Central to many attractions and you really get the city feel. We had quiet nights and we also partied out butts off. The pool area always had special surprises like model photo shoots and a runway show. Most of the time it was mellow and the food was top notch. I highly recommend the Spanish tortilla with tomato bisque for dipping. bartenders, maid service, front desk and bellmen were all awesome. only thing is when I laundered my shirts they came back shrunk. My favorite shirt became a belly shirt. if you seen my belly you would not want to see me in that. lol
I will return, and just wash my clothes in the shower and hang dry them if need be.
oh yeah, they have a free breaky but we never made it. watched 5 sunrises out of 7 days.
Tapas bar was great too.

Room Tip: I believe it was the north side was better view. one side was next to a school and no view. the good...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Laura T, Director Comercial at BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello Homster,

Thank you very much for your comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will take care of the laundry issue as soon as possible.

We hope to assist you again!

All the best!

Commercial Director

Been to BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels? Share your experiences!