“BQ hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels

Save Saved
You added BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels to your Saves list
BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Sarasota #53 | Bella Vista, Santo Domingo 1818, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #17 of 75 hotels in Santo Domingo
“BQ hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at BQ hotel for 10 nights. It was a nice hotel with pretty nice rooms although we had to ask for a room with a kitchen(which was stated on expedia as included) as all rooms do not include a kitchen.They moved us without issue. If you do not speak spanish this is not the place for you. There were very few people who spoke english which made it quite difficult on some occasions. There is only 1 breakfast included in the price of the room which we discovered on the 3rd morning when we were questioned at the door, so for the remainder of our stay we had to pay $10 for our second breakfast. There is not much close to the hotel and I would recommend staying in the colonial zone if you want restaurants, tourist shops, etc. The restaurant on the main floor, Casa Mencia, was very nice and had a large assortment of food. We also had trouble with the wifi, we were on the 5th floor. We called twice about the issue and someone came up to our room and looked at our computers and said that it was working fine but it would not work all the time. This was quite frustrating but it must have just been where our room was in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at this lovely hotel. It is within walking distance to eating areas and shopping. Service was excellent. Room was very nice and staff was very helpful . Restaurant is reasonably priced and they have a good breakfast .

• Stayed October 2012
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Having heard of the rooftop lounge restaurant Bianco (designed by a friend) I decided to stay here a few days to test it out. While centrally located and quiet relative to Santo Domingo terms, the hotel is not up to modern standards.

Built possibly in the 70's it features a Colonial style with thin, dark wood doors, hardware store ceramic tiles in white and jade (7 of which are cracked in the shower stall), windows that don't latch and old, thin linens. The hallways remind me of a student dorm and the lobby is awkwardly located off an underpass to the parking.

My room on the 3rd floor north side faces a public school and is within earshot of the roosters is a neighbouring yard. Who needs an alarm clock anyways - I hope dawn is ok for you :)

The Spanish restaurant is capable and street-facing and the rooftop lounge plays some good grooves. Staff are polite and WiFi works well mostly.

The BQ would be ok at a lesser price and a lesser star rating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed there with my boyfriend for 4 nights. He was visiting the country for the first time. The room was very clean and the bathroom, which I loved. We had wifi all the time and the staff was extra nice. We stayed on the 6th floor so there was no noise that came from the Bianco discotheque on the 8th floor. We went to the pool and used the jacuzzi also. It is all very elegant and beautiful. The actual beach is outside the city... we drove one hour to go to Hemingway beach near Juan Dolio.

The hotel is located in the Sarasota avenue which is pretty centric and you can go from there to anywhere in the city.

The breakfast at Casa Mencia Restaurant was delicious and my boyfriend loved the coffee there.

If you want a clean room and delicious breakfast for a convenient price this is the place to go in Santo Domingo. I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I would recommend to choose a room from the 6th floor and below because I have read the disco at nig...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Hotel was super clean. The staff seemed to be very accommodating as well. While the neighborhood isn't the best for foot travel, you felt very comfortable in the hotel and could spend the day there if needed hanging at the beautiful "Bianco" on the roof, with a nice pool and a solid view.

Only drawback to the room itself was the bed. Maybe they had others in other rooms, I'm not sure, but this one wasn't very good at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I love this hotel is wonderful I recommend to stay there love it wonderful staf , food and everything 2 thums up . I felt like this was a chic hotel that could be in Spain or Miami , and all of the coolest people were there, so it's great if your young or still want to be youthful. The beds and comfortable and I had cable and a refrigerator and I had Two beds , each was comfortable . This is a great choice for a hotel and everyone there is helpful and nice in other words , caridad .

• Stayed December 2011
Mariam G, Guest Relations Manager at BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear guest, we are grateful that you have written that comment from us, it made us enormously happy. We are pleased we have filled your expectations and we hope to see you soon with us on your next vacation.

Best Regards
BQ Santo Domingo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very pleasant staff with a genuine desire to help. I stayed for business, but their attention made me forget often about my hectic schedule. The wifi is a plus (and free!!!) which made my life such more easier. Great location, close to everything . . . managed to get some shopping in the nearby mall. I would definitely consider going back for business and pleasure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to BQ Santo Domingo by BQ Hotels? Share your experiences!