“Nothing but the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Santo Domingo

You added Courtyard Santo Domingo to your Saves list
Courtyard Santo Domingo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50A Maximo Gomez Avenue, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Gazcue)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Nothing but the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel early December, and the service is exceptional. Everyone have a smile on their face and 90 percent of the staff speaks English. Also very accomodating and helpful. I really love my stay here. The receptionist staff were very knowledgeable. We ask so many questions of where to go for attractions etc. & they were able to help us. Staff here are beyond amazing.

The room is very clean, hotel is spotless.

The hotel is centrally located, its normally around 15-25mins to attraction area, mall, etc.

The restaurant closes at 11pm which is acceptable cause really, who eats dinner at 11p-3a? I believe the room service is done at 8pm. The awesome thing is they actually call you around 7pm to check if you are interested with the room service before it closes. To me that is exceptional service. I heard some guest who were complaining about the restaurant being close by 11pm,I guess to some travellers its an issue, but for me if I didnt have dinner before 11pm then that's my fault, I'll sleep it off with the chips available for purchase just right by the frontdesk. :)

Again I really recomend this hotel. I cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: I recomend to have the 3rd floor and up, also the back of the hotel to avoid the traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Hello - - This has been one of the best business trips I have had in many years. I have been here for 3 weeks (21 days) - a long time to be away from home. The first seven days I was by myself - but the staff was so nice and so accomodating that I did not feel alone.

They called me by name, made suggestions of foods to eat and some attractions close by. When my business peer came - they treated her with the same courtesy. They treat us like we are the only guests in the hotel - Princess is how we feel!! LOL

I have been so impressed that I have suggested others from my company to stay here instead of the Hilton. This says a LOT!! SOme others in our company comes here every month - so now you have two others who will come here instead of the Hilton.

Thank you so much for all you have done -- what an AWESOME staff!!!!

Take Care
Helen Strohmeyer

Room Tip: Any side is nice -- do you want to see the city and have a patio -- or a view of the ocean. You can...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lewisville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

When in Santo Domingo, we always stay here. It is centrally located to most major businesses/offices, the facility is well kept and clean, and the staff is very accommodating and all speak English. Limited dining options in the hotel prevent this from getting a top rating...but you won't starve here.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hello I am a Traveler Mr. Graves and I would like to say thanks to Jose Placencia, Jose Sevelino, Raysa, Luis and Quislenny YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! When I travel back to the Santo Domingo area I will make sure that I Stay here no question this will be my home away from home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

There for a week. Great food, very clean. Professional staff, good location in that in is walkable to grocery, museums. Walkable to ocean but not to swim, good restaurant there, ask at desk. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have just spent 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic and decided to take a trip to Santo Domingo, booked the hotel online before we went and really enjoyed our stay. They let us check in early and out late for no extra charge, free WiFi, great facilities. The location isn't that great for doing 'touristy' things but its just a short cab ride away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Juan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Customer service excellent. Breakfast outsatanding. Good location. Ask for David or Jose Raul for top customer service and care--they go the extra mile. Very quick room service with a varied menu. BAr area small bur with friendly staff. Wine selection limited; 24 hour taxi service is helpful;

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Santo Domingo? Share your experiences!