“Best Courtyard in the WORLD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Santo Domingo

You added Courtyard Santo Domingo to your Saves list
Courtyard Santo Domingo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50A Maximo Gomez Avenue, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Gazcue)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Best Courtyard in the WORLD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Hello - - This has been one of the best business trips I have had in many years. I have been here for 3 weeks (21 days) - a long time to be away from home. The first seven days I was by myself - but the staff was so nice and so accomodating that I did not feel alone.

They called me by name, made suggestions of foods to eat and some attractions close by. When my business peer came - they treated her with the same courtesy. They treat us like we are the only guests in the hotel - Princess is how we feel!! LOL

I have been so impressed that I have suggested others from my company to stay here instead of the Hilton. This says a LOT!! SOme others in our company comes here every month - so now you have two others who will come here instead of the Hilton.

Thank you so much for all you have done -- what an AWESOME staff!!!!

Take Care
Helen Strohmeyer

Room Tip: Any side is nice -- do you want to see the city and have a patio -- or a view of the ocean. You can...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lewisville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

When in Santo Domingo, we always stay here. It is centrally located to most major businesses/offices, the facility is well kept and clean, and the staff is very accommodating and all speak English. Limited dining options in the hotel prevent this from getting a top rating...but you won't starve here.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hello I am a Traveler Mr. Graves and I would like to say thanks to Jose Placencia, Jose Sevelino, Raysa, Luis and Quislenny YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! When I travel back to the Santo Domingo area I will make sure that I Stay here no question this will be my home away from home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

There for a week. Great food, very clean. Professional staff, good location in that in is walkable to grocery, museums. Walkable to ocean but not to swim, good restaurant there, ask at desk. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have just spent 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic and decided to take a trip to Santo Domingo, booked the hotel online before we went and really enjoyed our stay. They let us check in early and out late for no extra charge, free WiFi, great facilities. The location isn't that great for doing 'touristy' things but its just a short cab ride away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Juan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Customer service excellent. Breakfast outsatanding. Good location. Ask for David or Jose Raul for top customer service and care--they go the extra mile. Very quick room service with a varied menu. BAr area small bur with friendly staff. Wine selection limited; 24 hour taxi service is helpful;

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have stayed in the Santo Domingo Courtyard many times over the last 10 years. While some of the staff has come and gone, one thing remains always the same. Superb service! I am on the road nearly 200 nights a year, and for me, there is no place that makes me feel so much at home as this one. From Celso, Raysa, and Luis at the reception desk, to all of the staff in the restaurant, to the security staff, and the housekeeping staff, you will not find more friendly and happy people eager to serve. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this hotel a 12! The rooms are big and comfortable. The location is central Santo Domingo, close to everything. If you are a business person, this is the place to be. I hate to leave home, but when I'm going to the D.R., I can't wait to get back home to the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and have your breakfast included in the price of your room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Santo Domingo? Share your experiences!