Inexpensive hotel by DR standards. Located right beside the Intercontinental Hotel just half a block from the Malecon. It's quite a hike to the Colonial Sector on a hot day, but the taxi fare is very cheap. The property is quite basic and somewhat bleak, not all it's made out to be on the hotel web site. That being said, it's clean, has adequate bathrooms with plenty of hot water, quiet location, helpful staff, a surprisingly good included continental breakfast with lots of fruit. We parked our car in the street in front of the hotel. One lamentable aspect is the street-side garbage tip right opposite the front entrance of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maison Gautreaux is the house of a highly respected and well known family of Santo Domingo, was converted into an hotel in 1994 by the Gautreaux Family, the hotel has a very nice decoration and you can breath a familiar atmosphere when you are in our acomodations. You will feel like you are in you own home when you spend your days with us. We will feel very happy to have you here. We will be waiting for all of you!!! The Maison Gautreaux Your Home in Santo Domingo!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Maison Gautreaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Gautreaux Santo Domingo
- Maison Gautreaux Hotel Santo Domingo