To my knowledge, Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo has substituted Intercontinental V Centenario hotel, where I stayed last year. Good things are, hotel staff is friendly and attentive, rooms have been renovated recently and wi-fi connection has the same god signal quality throughout the hotel. Bad things are, the gym is terrible (it is a small, hot room; fitness apparels are old and lacks ergonomic, ambient music is so loud I could not even hear my iPod) and breakfast is expensive for what is offered. I valued hotels which offer good gyms and unfortunately this is not the case. I was expecting more from Crowne Plaza in this sense. My rating is based on that and on cost/benefit, therefore this is an average hotel in my opinion and I plan to stay somewhere else in my next visit to Dominican Republic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo puts you in reach of the New World's fascinating history and the city s modern culture and nightlife. You can walk to the Colonial Zone, the Cultural Centre and the business district, and the main shopping areas are also close by. A 35-minute drive will take you to the Caribbean s best beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Santo Domingo
- Santo Domingo Intercontinental