“ok hotel good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo

You added Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo to your Saves list
Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida George Washington 218, Santo Domingo 02890, Dominican Republic (Formerly Hotel V Centenario InterContinental)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 76 Hotels in Santo Domingo
New York City, New York
“ok hotel good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

if you want or need to stop in santo domingo you do not have many choices.
we choose 3 nights in the now called crowne plaza. people could not be nicer. room ( upgrade with terrace with confortable but had not been renovated for a while) the pool is worth the stay.
however the noise from the malecom is disturbing

Room Tip: balcony makes it nicer. none of them are quiet. nice view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest Annetteapproved,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments and we really appreciate the fact that you care to help us improve. We are sorry to hear you had a less than pleasant stay with us. At this time we are remodeling all areas of the hotel and the structure of the rooms is been completely renewed.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Haarlem, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Well located with Casine (only slot machines), good small pool area outside with sea-view. Small rooms and outdated bathroom. Hotel is changing name to Crown Plaza. Service is excellent and very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest DeKnoll,

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Recently stayed here two nights. Pleasant experience. Right on ocean front and all rooms have a partial view of ocean. Please note that the hotel is changing names. From March, 2013 it will be a Crowne Plaza. Breakfast Buffet is fabulous!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest Jerry B:

Thank you so much for your review of our Hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service and our Ocean front accomodation fullpilled your expectations, given the fact it is one of our major attractions.

We will indeed change of name to Crowne Plaza, from April, 2013.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon at Santo Domingo.

Lima, Peru
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times for business in the last decade. Its location is convenient. Lobby bar, restaurant and executive lounge were recently reburbished and are ok. However rooms remain as they were long time ago and need renewing. If you carry big luggage avoid staying on the top floor (15th) as lifts don't get up there. I rather prefer having a bite at the lobby instead of having a meal in the restaurant. Not impressed with the food. Staff is nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest GACH-travel:

Thank you so much for your review of our Hotel and We appreciated your visit from Peru. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service.

We appreciated your comments and we hope to see you soon again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here 20 years ago when it first opened, and nothing changed! Could use updates, but hotel was still in very good shape and well maintained.

Hotel offers great service, 24 hour room service. They serve classic Dominican food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Well I went to have my honeymoon and see the new year abroad for a change it was magical the concierge jenny was so nice keeping my husband company since I didn't arrived yet at the hotel the service was excellent he people was very nice I had a blast for my 5 days I didn't even want to leave

• Stayed December 2012
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Brndljason:

Thank you so much for your review of our Hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It’s something our Staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback and them are on training all the time.

Thanks for choosing us!

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I only stayed here for two nights, but I love Intercontinental Hotels so I really made it a point to stay here. It's a very nice hotel. I wish I could have stayed longer. The staff are extremely friendly. I spent almost an hour talking to the concierge and he was showing me a lot of photos. I appreciated that the staff spoke Spanish to me and did not just assume that because I don't look Dominican that I don't speak Spanish. One of the reasons I travel to Latin American countries is so I can maintain my Spanish. I didn't use most of the hotel amenities, but the rooms were clean and had fantastic views. There was a good selection of TV channels and a large desk and sofa. I thought the food prices and prices for the mini-bar were a little high, but I guess that's to be expected. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest Daniela 3883:

Thank you so much for your review of our Hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It’s something our Staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

We will be sure to pass your kind words to Front Desk Staff, about your commets and service.

Its our commitment bringing an excelent service to InterContinental global Standards. Your comments makes us reaffirm "Great Hotels Guests Love" promise.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon in your next visit to Santo Domingo.

Kind Regards,
#5 of 76 in Santo Domingo
4.5 of 5 stars 358 reviews
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only

Been to Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo? Share your experiences!