“NIce hotel - good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo

You added Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo to your Saves list
Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida George Washington 218, Santo Domingo 02890, Dominican Republic (Formerly Hotel V Centenario InterContinental)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Santo Domingo
New York City, New York
“NIce hotel - good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here 20 years ago when it first opened, and nothing changed! Could use updates, but hotel was still in very good shape and well maintained.

Hotel offers great service, 24 hour room service. They serve classic Dominican food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Well I went to have my honeymoon and see the new year abroad for a change it was magical the concierge jenny was so nice keeping my husband company since I didn't arrived yet at the hotel the service was excellent he people was very nice I had a blast for my 5 days I didn't even want to leave

• Stayed December 2012
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Brndljason:

Thanks for choosing us!

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I only stayed here for two nights, but I love Intercontinental Hotels so I really made it a point to stay here. It's a very nice hotel. I wish I could have stayed longer. The staff are extremely friendly. I spent almost an hour talking to the concierge and he was showing me a lot of photos. I appreciated that the staff spoke Spanish to me and did not just assume that because I don't look Dominican that I don't speak Spanish. One of the reasons I travel to Latin American countries is so I can maintain my Spanish. I didn't use most of the hotel amenities, but the rooms were clean and had fantastic views. There was a good selection of TV channels and a large desk and sofa. I thought the food prices and prices for the mini-bar were a little high, but I guess that's to be expected. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest Daniela 3883:

Thank you so much for your review of our Hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It’s something our Staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

We will be sure to pass your kind words to Front Desk Staff, about your commets and service.

Its our commitment bringing an excelent service to InterContinental global Standards. Your comments makes us reaffirm "Great Hotels Guests Love" promise.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon in your next visit to Santo Domingo.

Kind Regards,
Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this location an it was so beautiful and centrally located. A view to the Ocean made it perfect, and right by great restaurant. Hotel was very clean and staff was very pleasant. Even though I was only there for one night I felt like home. I would definetly come back. Didnt use all amenities on the hotel but I am sure it would have been just as great as the rest!

Room Tip: Ask for hight floor room, so you can enjoy the view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest Poncese:

We are pleased to hear that our Ocean front accomodation fullpilled your expectations, given the fact it is one of our major attractions.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This was an amazing hotel. Jenny at the front desk is the most helpful professional desk attendant ever! She should get a raise.The food was great, and the location was beautiful. My only complaint was that I was advised not to drink the water from the tap (the locals don't even drink the tap water) but that I would be able to call room service and order a pitcher of water for free. The first night we ordered water and it took an hour to arrive. The second night morning we ordered water and it never came. The second night we ordered water again and it arrived after 40 minutes. I do want to say that they do have bottled water for purchase in the room, but I feel that if I pay for a room, I should have access to clean free water. We will stay at this hotel again next time we are in Santo Domingo.

• Stayed December 2012
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Guest Chevygrace:

Thank you so much for your review of our Hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It’s something our Staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback and them are on training all the time. We will be sure to pass your comments to Food and Beverage Department, about water, We appologize for the inconvenients and appreciated it.

Thanks again for staying with us and we wating for your next visit at InterContinental V Centenario Santo Domingo.

Best Regards,
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

From the outside and in the lobby, it is an Intercontinental. As soon as you enter the room, it is an average roadside motel, nothing tells you that in fact you are in an upscale hotel. The rooms smell of mildew, power outlets are loose, there is a twisted heap of wires under the desk, internet works erratically and the aircon is noisy. Minibar is locked for some unknown reason. Some pieces of furniture would also use an overhaul, if not outright replacement. The bed is comfy though and a full-size bathtub is also welcome, however the toiletries in the bathroom are just the most basic ones. Breakfast is varied and plentiful, also the pool area is very nice. On the overall, somewhat mixed experience, but as soon as the rooms are upgraded, this will be a top-notch place.

Room Tip: All rooms have seaview, the odd-numbered rooms have views of the harbour in addition.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest Martinzz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments and we really appreciate the fact that you care to help us improve. We are sorry to hear you had a less than pleasant stay with us. At this time we are remodeling all areas of the hotel and the structure of the rooms is been completely renewed.

The items you have mentioned about quality and smell of mildew in the room, will be addressed with our Housekeeping Manager. Please also contact us at santodomingo@ihg.com, so we can obtain additional detail regarding your stay. We will like to contact you directly and when you decide to come back, we asure you that your stay will be different.

michdartrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our group of 70 for an in-hotel conference from U.S. was pleased with room sizes, excellent service and quality of foods (included breakfast in price), pleasant atmosphere. The broad well-decorated accesses/hallways and multiple salons for meetings were just right. Good internet wireless, free.

Food prices were exhorbitant. Many nearby restaurants were reasonable and of high quality, safe to walk to daily.

Nice taxi service from hotel at all times, tho' steep. Best to arrange transport from airport on your own.

Constant problems with elevators, all 4--not responded to during our week's stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest Michdartrey:

We will be sure to pass your kind words to Food and Beverage Department, about the quality, service and prices. Its our commitment bringing an excelent service to InterContinental global Standards.

It’s better to take a taxi of the Hotel, because your security is priority for us. About elevators, we appreciated your notifications and we hope that when you come back to the Hotel, this inconvenience dosen't happen again.

Thanks for choosing us!

Been to Hotel Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo? Share your experiences!