“The BEST ! ! !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Santo Domingo

You added Holiday Inn Santo Domingo to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Santo Domingo
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Abraham Lincoln 856, Santo Domingo 3164, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Manhattan, NY
“The BEST ! ! !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

NOTE: The hotel is located more towards the center of the city, so you'd have to take a cab to get to the beach. I don't usually stay in Santo Domingo when I go to Dominican Republic, because I don't really like the beaches there {I always go to the Southwest}- so I didn't mind the hotel's location.

I will ALWAYS recommend this hotel to everyone ! The hotel itself is very sleek, modern, and elegant- very "hip". The restaurant and lounge was really nice. The service was impeccable. I was there for 6 nights with my fiance, and the staff made us feel so at home. There is a sauna, a gym, a nice pool with a beautiful view of the city.

Anything we wanted or needed, we got. If you need to get anywhere in the city, they have taxi drivers or you can ask them to call you a cab. We had a wonderful driver named Julian- we got his card, and called him whenever we wanted to go sightseeing. He knew all the nice spots, like where to eat, where to hang out, even where to buy your souvenirs for a decent price.

The rooms were very clean, the bed sheets and towels were changed whenever you wanted. I have ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS about my trip ! At first, I thought it was a bit pricey, but looking back now, it is well worth it! Whenever I have to stay in the capital, I will ALWAYS be staying there !

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn April 7th-9th. The hotel is beautiful and brand new. The breakfast buffet was delicious, and the cups of cafe con leche were constantly refilled. My kids were not feeling well during our stay, so we did not get to take full advantage of the hotel's amenities.
My only complaint was that we had a very difficult time getting the complimentary breakfasts promised on their website. Regular guest rooms are supposed to include breakfast, while executive level rooms and suites do not. Eventually we figured out that I had been given a complimentary upgrade to the executive level without being told, which removed the breakfast feature.
Since there is no executive level lounge, limited-access floor, or any other perks associated with these rooms, the executive level seemed like more of a downgrade than an upgrade as far as the breakfast. After two long-distance calls to the States and three visits to the front desk, everything finally got straightened out. I should not have had to waste so much time and money on phone calls, in order to receive what I had booked. There was absolutely not a language barrier, as everyone at the front desk spoke perfect English. Other than the matter of the breakfasts, I found no faults.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Originally we booked at Embajador for our 4 nights stay, but after seeing the discount price on Expedia we decided to book Holiday Inn instead for the newer room and amenities.
The room was very nice and new. Very comfy bed, and we loved the pillows - weren't too soft, just about right. The most comfortable 4 nights of sleep we had indeed.
The pool on the 8th floor wasn't big, but the ambience in the pool area was awesome. They made it lounge-like with music. The small bar on the side was convenient for coffee and drinks. I definitely enjoyed working on my laptop pool-side in late afternoon.
Service was also up to the level as you'd expect from international chain hotels. Front desk was helpful with questions we had about nearby restaurants and everything, and almost all the staff we met spoke English.
If you were in Sto Domingo on a business trip, this would be the perfect hotel; if you were in town to explore, this would be a good choice as well.

Btw, if you need a cab, call the cab service instead of getting the cab from hotel. it's much cheaper.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

I stayed here after a week long stay at a resort in Punta Cana. My purpose was just to explore santo domingo...I wasn't expecting much as I chose this hotel because most of the hotels on the malecon have marginal reviews...and this one seemed modern and centrally located. My entire stay at this hotel was great. Most importantly the staff is very well trained. The staff is always smiling and genuine. The rooms are very modern and spacious. The rooms have a nice city view. The roof top has a gym & pool. During my stay several of the guests used a trainer at the gym. When I was planning my trip I really wanted to stay at the malecon area but after exploring Santo Domingo I found that the Malecon is only an ocean front beach walk with very little activity. In the US this hotel would most likely be an Intercontinental not a Holiday Inn. Near the hotel there are two restuarants I recommend, Mitre is an Italian restaurant with a great bar scene. Adrian tropical has typical Dominican Food. I would recommend this hotel to both tourists and business travelers.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Santo Domingo? Share your experiences!