“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Plaza Naco

Save Saved
You added Hotel Plaza Naco to your Saves list
Hotel Plaza Naco
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Presidente Gonzalez #10, esq. Tiradendes | NACO, Santo Domingo 30228, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Santo Domingo
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Recently renovated hotel. Beautiful lobby and rooms. Breakfast included. Enjoyed the variety of the breakfast. Good location. Near several malls and shopping areas.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The rooms are re-modeled with very excellent taste, the staff make you feel like you were at home and the restaurant's food is the best with an excellent service. I recommend this hotel to everyone that is going to Santo Domingo as a tourist and busincesss trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I resided at the Plaza Naco in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic, on business. I am an extreme frequent flyer but am surely not extremely demanding. This hotel is well situated for business, definetly not for tourism as it is far from the beach and surely not in walking distance to take any kids to a familiar restaurant, hence treat the remarks hereafter with certain concern. For business travellers, also bear in mind that a couple of new hotels are about to open in the vicinity. It is a 3 star hotel at the best, has an atrium rising to the last floor (I guess some 10 floors) and the extreme smell of cooking rising into your room. All of which would not have disturbed me, if....

Upon my departure, Mr. Frederico Amarante Rodriguez (Gerente Recepcion) confronted me with the accusation of smoking in my room (far right on the fifth floor). I denied it. Without any hesitation, he responded having me on tape. I was shocked and asked whether the hotel seriously has cameras installed in the rooms. It took him a while to realize his grave mistake. Instead he corrected his accusation and claimed I was filmed by a security camera - not specifying where it was. Ironically I was residing on the FIFTH FLOOR. The security camera would have to be in a building accross and still pointed towards the inside of every room. Mr. Rodriguez behaved extremely arrogant and unprofessional and had no hesitation to charge me USD 100, a day rate which I - being in extreme hurry to catch a flight, reluctantly paid as the Security Manager was not available to show it to me.

It is about how you treat a guest, and despite my complaint to management about being filmed in my room, the hotel insisted on charging me the USD 100 fee!! In fact, if on security camera, the hotel would have noticed I exited the hotel to smoke at diverse hours. Maybe that is why the hotel tried to make a buck. Knowing I smoked.

I have never written a review on a hotel, this one compelled me to set some time aside to warn travellers of the impertinence of this insignificant and ungreatful 3 star hotel.

Chris

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Aliana R, Manager at Hotel Plaza Naco, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
It is a pleasure to contact you while responding to your concerns.

Our hotel is respectful of the established laws of our country, so we must ensure full compliance of these, in establishing a ban on smoking indoors.

The Hotel Plaza Naco belongs to a current NON-SMOKING hotel, and thereby contribute to the standards of living in harmony, supervised by the Ministry of Tourism.

Concern regarding the location of security cameras, we wish to inform you that all are found only in common areas and service of our hotel.

We are at your disposal,

Best Regards,

Public Relations Department
Hotel Plaza Naco
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We got a major surprise when we checked in 2 children and 2 adults. It was a normal room, but more than fitted us and our excessive luggage for 3 weeks of vacation. We stayed there for more than a week and it was a great base for our days in SDQ.

Breakfast was included and was very nice. The little pool could be better but the kids loved it all the same. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located in the plaza naco. From here you are walking distance to some great restaurants, a close taxi ride to the melecon and zona colonial.

The rooms are large and comfortable. The suits are spectacular. The shower in our room (518) was the best shower I have had in a hotel in a long time. The room came with breakfast included. A great place to stay if you can afford it.

• Stayed March 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I chose this hotel because the last time I came to Santo Domingo I FROZE at La Jaragua, hoping for a little more control over my room, and hoping not freeze everytime I left my room. So, on that note Clarion is much better. Although I've realized that in DR you have to choose between ac and wetness. All in all, the hotels are about even. Clarion has the best beds, nicest linens and cleanest room (although the toilet seats don't fit proper and so they will not stay up on their own - not sure what the guys do???). The breakfast is adequate, included as is internet. So if you tend to eat a big breakfast it is nice to have it included. Pizza by the slice right around the corner - delicious! And a decent little bar/cafe within a block or so of safe walking. The staff is friendly. However, it was difficult/impossible to get early check out - so I'll have to be up by 4am to leave time for check out. I will probably go back to La Jaragua the next time but stay in the older building, the Garden Suites, that don't have a/c in the halls and otherwise about the same although you have to walk outside to get to any amenities (but I LIKE to walk outside as opposed to hotel hallways). There is more to do within walking distance there and closer to my meetings. Finally, it all depends on what is important and what you want/need in proximity.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a "quiet" side - noisy streets just below - ask for pool view or highest...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Just make sure to book the PREMIUM rooms that simply means are the refurbished and new ones. I guess soon, all rooms will be premium ones.
Free internet, great breakfast, staff attitute is A+. No guests are allowed in the rooms, this way they keep it quiet at night. Some do appreciate that.
Hotel is orieted to families and executives.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Plaza Naco? Share your experiences!