“Not even a half start hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hispaniola Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Hispaniola Hotel & Casino
Hispaniola Hotel & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Independencia Esq Abraham Lincoln, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Gazcue)   |
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Toronto, Canada
“Not even a half start hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

This is not even a half start hotel...Any motel in the country have better quality and is more clean than this hotel...it was horrible...the place is dirty, the bathroom is falling a part, the towels are over used, the beds and bedding are the oldest and dustiest in the world and not to mention the carpet..full of cigarette buds and gum. This is not a hotel anymore, is like a place for prostitutes. We only stayed one night and don't recommend you pay 1 cent for it. It is an embarrassment that they advertise as a hotel for tourists. Non of the stuff the advertise is real, not even the ocean view, as the view is all blocked by the Santo Domingo hotel....across the street.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Families
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I am usually careful to keep any valuables I leave in my room locked up in the suitcase. Unfortunately, one afternoon I did leave a $150 dive watch in the pocket of my waist-pack and went out for a few hours - long enough apparently for maid service to come dig through any unsecured item they might find and remove the watch. The manager directed me to read the sign stating the hotel had no responsibility for valuables and added that my entire suitcase could be removed and it wasn't their problem! I finally got him to agree not to a free room but a discounted one. After five calls to his office in order to obtain that booking I gave up and never looked back.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

I totally agree with the person that visited from Central America. We paid 181.00 for a suite in the hotel. As soon as we arrrived to the hotel, we had to take an elevator that must have being built in the Trujillo era, with a person controlling with a key and a gate the floors. When we came out of the elevators, I thought that I was in a suspense movie...it was dark (with the emergency lights on)...and the berdrooms were even worse....the carpets were so dirty...with pieces of potato chips in the floor, the beds were not well done (it lloks like if someone was sleeping on it)...with a cigarrette smell (and We were with our baby)...the ceilings are drop ceilings with water marks....We went out in a flash, and decided no t to stay there. We are still waitng to be reimbursed for our stay by our hotel vendor. Please, do not select this hotel. We went to the Hilton Hotel in Santo Domingo and it was just wonderful.

Stayed June 2006
TAMPA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2006

Stayed at the Hispaniola Hotel & Casino for a week in Oct, 2006. They're undergoing a major renovation. The entire 2nd floor is being updated, and all floors need it. The rooms are spacious, as are the bathrooms. There is also a full balcony with table and chairs. This hotel is not really suited for couples as prostitutes lurk around the lobby in the evenings. The buffet breakfast is very good, as are the meals prepared at the outdoor restaurant. The pool area is very nice too. The casino isn't large, but it has all the gaming tables you need. Now the problems: Like I said, it needs a major renovation. They advertise a disco on-site, but it is closed for renovation too. The shower in the bathroom backed up with 6 inches of water, but there was plenty of hot water. For a single guy, it's very accommodating. If you're a couple, stay across the street at Hotel Santo Domingo. Much cleaner and the same price range. Last, book through hotelopia.com, they include taxes and I've used them twice for the Dominican with no additional charges I've read about. Enjoy.

• Liked — Casino on site and relatively cheap rooms
  • Disliked — It's a bit away from the main tourist areas, even by cab
  • Tips/Secrets — Book through hotelopia.com
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hispaniola Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hispaniola Hotel & Casino

Address: Ave Independencia Esq Abraham Lincoln, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Location: Caribbean > Dominican Republic > Santo Domingo Province > Santo Domingo > Gazcue
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
#10 Luxury Hotel in Santo Domingo
Hotel Class:4 star — Hispaniola Hotel & Casino 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Hispaniola Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hispaniola Hotel And Casino
Hispaniola Hotel Santo Domingo

If you own or manage Hispaniola Hotel & Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.