My review is for the month of August, when I was working as consultant for the World Bank. It was the worst time to have stayed at this hotel as every dignitary decided this was the place to stay during the DR president's inauguration. I felt that I was lost in the shuffle, and made it known to management; Aurora to be exact, via an email.
Not even a few hours later, she provided me with access to the executive lounge on the 5th floor, which you need to upgrade to if you are a business person. She invited me into her executive office to speak to me. Seriously! She offered to move me to a higher floor when the festivities were done. I ended up not taking her up on that offer as I got settled on the second floor.
A few mentions
1. Wi fi is super fast and the tv has all the channels you are use to in the U.S.
2. The pool area might be the best in the country with some of the best landscaping you will find.
3. Service is classic. I felt like Hyman Roth. Shoe shine kits and sponges every morning!
4. The hotel lobby has a 50's look; playing on it's rich past. Rooms have older furniture, but amenities are modern, and again reliable wI-FI EVERYWHERE and free.!!!
5. If you have any discomfort, management is serious about being attentive. I will take a staff of employees ready to do anything to improve your stay than empty promises from another hotel.
6. Front desk and business lounge staff are all fluent English speakers!
7. They can arrange cars for you and make sure that you aren't over charged.
8. Breakfast was decent. Fruit could have been fresher, but overall good stuff including an omelet bar.
This hotel definitely fits the business traveler. Having meetings here adds a sense of respect and class. You automatically win points with your business counter parts. If you have any issues, check in with management. Although they have a great pool, I am not sure it is super kid friendly. The gym is clean and modern.
Make sure to upgrade to the executive lounge especially if you need to meet with people. I would avoid staying on anything less than the 4th or 5th floor. I did not hear birds in my room, but you could hear them in the front of the hotel.
An English speaking staff makes this a go to place. The casino is ehhhh. No entertainment found in there and it is fairly bare bones. Security is top notch and parking is very easy. Italian and Chinese food restaurants are located right next door along with a salon and spa. McDonald's is down the block.
What started out frustrating in the beginning because of this huge event turned out to be a very comfy stay. I can see why all the dignitaries chose the hotel. Any issues speak with management seriously! It can make all the difference. Your NYC/Cambridge, MA trip adviser! Go crimson!