I stayed here for this past Memorial Day weekend for 4 days. I liked the hotel aesthetic and thought that the room was decent for the most part. The service was pretty good too. Alexandra the hotel Guest Relations person was very helpful, so were the people at the front desk and concierge, they were all great. The grounds that the hotel are on are beautiful. Feels like you have been whisked away to another place in time, but with a new age twist...
Now, on to my complaint. Towards the end of my trip I began to notice red itchy bumps on the LEFT side of my body. My left legs and arms are covered with them, as I type this. I found this very strange, and as I continued to scratch them, they got larger and more irritated, of course. At first, I thought that they may have been mosquito bites. But as I packed to leave the hotel, I became more convinced that they were bedbug bites. I tend to sleep on my LEFT side. There is not ONE of these bites on my right side. Mosquitoes bite randomly. But these bites were in a LINEAR pattern, as I know bedbugs are more likely to attack in this way. By the time I returned home on Sunday night, I wanted to jump out of the window because they were itching so badly. UGH! I am not the only one that this happened to, as my companion had these same bites, as we both shared the bed. Between us we probably have at least 40 bites.
I would have given this hotel a 4 rating if this had not have happened.
Now I have had to quarantine everything that I took on the trip for fear that these things may invade my house.
MANAGEMENT: Please have ALL ROOMS checked THOROUGHLY for bedbugs. The mattress was very shoddy and I would NOT be at all surprised if you all were to find something.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Nicolas De Ovando-Mgallery Hotel Santo Domingo
- Hostal Nicolas De Ovando-Mgallery Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the colonial quarter of Santo Domingo, set among remarkable buildings, stands the Nicolas de Ovando hotel, the former home of the Governor of the same name, a contemporary of Christopher Colombus. Built on the first paved street of the New World, where beautiful Spanish ladies strolled to display their rich costumes, the hotel's guests will enjoy an outstanding stay in a unique place where the stones, patios and fountains will take you back in time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Hostal Nicolas de Ovando-Mgallery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.