Was transported here by taxi so i can't comment on how easy it is to get here but it seems to be in the heart of things. We had a delux room on the fifth floor with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The room was very spacious. I have a son in a wheelchair and could manuever him arounf easily. The beds are firm and you only get one pillow per bed. Bathroom is modern and stocked with toiletries: shampoo and soap (which are runny), razor, cap, toothpaste and toothbrush. No conditioner or lotion.
We ordered room service and got the hamburger. It is huge and hard to get gour mouth around but was delicious. You get a lot of fries but they are very plain, not much flavor. The next night we ordered room service again and ordered salmon. The meal size is large with two large cuts of salmon, skin and bone in. The salmon was unseasoned though so tasted bland.
The breakfast bar stays the same every morning other than the pastries. They rotate those each day for variety. The fruit was fresh and you can get made to order eggs and omelettes at the bar.
The pool area is nice. There is a lot of seating with balinesian beds, lounge chairs and umbrellas. The kiddie pool area was dirty when we were there but the large pool was clean. We did not visit all the resort has to offer such as the casino, bar areas, gym, and courts but did take advantage of the pharmacy and nutrition store and gift shops below. While not overly friendly they were helpful and efficient.
There is no handicap accessability coming in the front entrance so each time they wouldick up my son in his chair and carry him up.
Overall we have had a great experience here and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the finest residential area of Santo Domingo, this sophisticated hotel has 298 rooms with all modern conveniences. A few minutes from the colonial part of town, its location, along with the art facilities and quality, offering the perfect environment for the discerning traveler looking for comfort and style in the heart of Santo Domingo.The Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino has all the facilities and services necessary for an unforgettable: 24 hour reception, currency exchange, fax and telephone service *, Laundry *, increases in category (upon availability) * and much, much more.* Additional cost.298 Spacious, elegant and equipped with all modern luxuriesExecutive floor with check-in and check-out private cocktail hour and moreLarge pool with separate children's areaSports and fitness24-hour room serviceCasino, delicious restaurant and bar for entertaining ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominican Fiesta Hotel And Casino
- Dominican Fiesta Hotel Santo Domingo
- Hotel Dominican Fiesta