As many others, I found the service in this hotel to be extremely poor, and the staff varied between being rude, disinterested or simply not understanding anything. Although I was the only person in the lobby, the check-in took more than 40 minutes, and I had to forward the confirmation email I received from hotels.com, where I had made my booking, before the receptionist would even give me as much as smile. The por service continued throughout; internet never worked in my room, and when I asked another receptionist downstairs to give me a new password as it said that my password had expired, he refused to do so before being allowed to check my computer himself.
The breakfast buffet looked ok at first sight, but none of it was of particularly good quality, and there was never any change. Plus, impossible to get a fresh omelette even if I was willing to pay for it. Another oddity: the filter coffee was truly appaling, and I routinely asked the breakfast staff for an espresso from the bar, at my own charge. They seemed puzzled and unsure what to do, and I waited on average between 10 and 35 minutes before anybody of the breakfast staff "dared" to venture out in the lobby to bring me my coffee from the bar. Not surprisingly, none of them ever brought me the bill for the coffee - I alward asked for it myself at the entrance when I was leaving.
Some days after I left the hotel, a person called me up and in a rather rude manner, she demanded an additional payment because one of the meals I had in the restaurant had been wrongly charged to another room. I asked them to send me an email with all the information because I had no guarantee that she was indeed calling from the hotel and I did not want to give my credit card details over the phone just like that. The lady acted very rude, like I was trying not to pay (even if she obviously knew that I had settled my bill for 6 nights including many meals, drinks etc). This was just the final drop that made me realize that I never want to stay at Dominican Fiesta again. The rooms are completely soulless, and with such appaling service, there is really no reason to stay here. All other hotels I have stayed at in SD (Mercure, Intercontinental, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Barcelo) offer far better value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the finest residential area of Santo Domingo, this sophisticated hotel has 298 rooms with all modern conveniences. A few minutes from the colonial part of town, its location, along with the art facilities and quality, offering the perfect environment for the discerning traveler looking for comfort and style in the heart of Santo Domingo.The Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino has all the facilities and services necessary for an unforgettable: 24 hour reception, currency exchange, fax and telephone service *, Laundry *, increases in category (upon availability) * and much, much more.* Additional cost.298 Spacious, elegant and equipped with all modern luxuriesExecutive floor with check-in and check-out private cocktail hour and moreLarge pool with separate children's areaSports and fitness24-hour room serviceCasino, delicious restaurant and bar for entertaining ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominican Fiesta Hotel Santo Domingo
- Dominican Fiesta Hotel And Casino
- Hotel Dominican Fiesta