“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Anacaona 101, Esquina Cibao Oeste | Sector los Cacicazgos, Santo Domingo 11108, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Port-au-Prince, Ouest, Haiti
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

As many others, I found the service in this hotel to be extremely poor, and the staff varied between being rude, disinterested or simply not understanding anything. Although I was the only person in the lobby, the check-in took more than 40 minutes, and I had to forward the confirmation email I received from hotels.com, where I had made my booking, before the receptionist would even give me as much as smile. The por service continued throughout; internet never worked in my room, and when I asked another receptionist downstairs to give me a new password as it said that my password had expired, he refused to do so before being allowed to check my computer himself.

The breakfast buffet looked ok at first sight, but none of it was of particularly good quality, and there was never any change. Plus, impossible to get a fresh omelette even if I was willing to pay for it. Another oddity: the filter coffee was truly appaling, and I routinely asked the breakfast staff for an espresso from the bar, at my own charge. They seemed puzzled and unsure what to do, and I waited on average between 10 and 35 minutes before anybody of the breakfast staff "dared" to venture out in the lobby to bring me my coffee from the bar. Not surprisingly, none of them ever brought me the bill for the coffee - I alward asked for it myself at the entrance when I was leaving.

Some days after I left the hotel, a person called me up and in a rather rude manner, she demanded an additional payment because one of the meals I had in the restaurant had been wrongly charged to another room. I asked them to send me an email with all the information because I had no guarantee that she was indeed calling from the hotel and I did not want to give my credit card details over the phone just like that. The lady acted very rude, like I was trying not to pay (even if she obviously knew that I had settled my bill for 6 nights including many meals, drinks etc). This was just the final drop that made me realize that I never want to stay at Dominican Fiesta again. The rooms are completely soulless, and with such appaling service, there is really no reason to stay here. All other hotels I have stayed at in SD (Mercure, Intercontinental, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Barcelo) offer far better value for money.

Room Tip: Some rooms seem to have wifi, whereas others don't. I guess rooms closer to the elevator have a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is not the poorest quality hotel nor the best in the city. The staff try to do every thing possible to help. But it looks like a management issue. Even by Latin American hotel check in and check out procedures , it is painfully slow.
This may Sound like a trivial issue, but the Internet connection , or the lack of connection in the room was more pain full than the check in. When you are working remote from the office and have to deal with this it makes you day so much longer. The lobby Internet works better. Found myself working in the lobby at night.
Now that brings up the issue of the woman of need being allowed to work the lobby and bar area. Makes any value for this hotel less and less. Hotel looks the other way.
The most dishearting event of the stay. At the completion of my very successful project I wanted to reward my three Dominican assistants to a good dinner for a job well done. I even advised the staff before. The long and short of this is they treated the two woman in the group just like ,we'll you can imagine . It total embarrassed these woman.
Would I stay again more than likely not.99% I would stay back at the intercontinental again.

• Stayed December 2012
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your interest in letting us know your opinion about our Hotel.
We sincerely present our apologies for the delay in your Check In and Check Out. We´ll verify our procedures in order to improve this step of our guest´s stay, specially as this is your first approach to our services and your last impression of our Hotel.
We know the importance of internet service to our guests. That´s why we´re doing everything possible to enhance the wifi service.
Regarding the presence of “company ladies” in our Lobby, they don´t “work” in the Hotel and we don´t encourage that service.
We´re proud members of “The Code” and, because of that, have an extra care in this matter.
As this is your impression, and that´s what really matters to us, we´ll be taking actions immediately.
Best regards
Jimani, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at the Dominican Fiesta while on a Business Trip in Santo Domingo. The check-in process was difficult and time consuming even though I was the only one checking-in at the time. This was the third time I have stayed here. I keep coming back because of the facilities, but the customer service each time seems to get worse. They seem to be more interested in serving their gym clients than the people staying at the hotel. I would like to come back with my family, because I think my kids would enjoy it, and I will put up with the poor customer service for them. Apparently my wife and our two kids puts us over the allowable guests, and the four of us can not stay in the same room. I have tried calling and e-mailing the hotel, but I can't get a response.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please accept our apology for the delay in your check in.
Guest service is one of the most important values for our Hotel, so we really appreciate your comments in order to verify our procedures and improve our service.
We´re sorry you couldn´t reach us. We´ll be contacting you in order to help you make your future reservation with your family.
Best regards!
Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all, I had difficulties to find the hotel. The sign at the corner of the street prepares you for the generally old state of the hotel. Once a round the corner, I had to ask if this was the hotel, as I could find where was written the name... The lobby is quite standard. I came in with quite a lot of luggage but nobody was there to help. After check in the bellboys were wondering where I came from. Breakfast though was great! a lot of choices healthy, local or American style. As for the rooms, also quite standard, we had everything needed, but nothing more. The modern style bathroom had just been renovated and were really clean. I am happy i had booked on-line, saved 50 USD per day!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thanks for your comment!
Is a pleasure to inform you that we are working on a Master Signage Plan for the Hotel, and hope to have it ready soon.
We have also taken note of the other points you mentioned, and we will be following up on them.
We hope to have them ready for your next visit!
México
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Service is friendly and nice. Room size is ok. Restrooms are clean. Room furniture is old, however. Restaurant is fine; nevertheless I suggest changing the daily offerings: after 3 days everything looks the same...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear guest,
Thanks for your comment!
We´re working to improve the variety of our buffet, so the guests that stay for a long time in our Hotel have the opportunity to taste the different plates our Food and Beverage staff is developing.
We hope to have the chance to introduce you to this changes in a future visit.
Best regards
Altanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The city isnt that nice as it stands but this hotel wasn't too far off from the american standard .
They could improve with the Smell of mildew from the humidity and lighten up on security a bit. It also seems like the hotel allows a few local Prostitutes to work the lobby so the hotel can collect the $50 " visitor fee" that u must pay if u have a guest in your room.. Other than that this hotel is a good stay for the money , the security is great ... about 20 mins from the Airport ...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear guest:
Thank you for your comment.
We´re concerned about your impression on the “local prostitutes”.
There is, as a matter of fact, a visitor fee, but it has nothing to do with that kind of visits. Anyone who´s not registered in the room must pay this extra pax rate.
They don´t “work” in the Hotel and we don´t encourage that service.
As your opinion is so important for us, we´ll directly supervise the common areas in order to avoid that impression in our distinguished guests.
Thank you for your advice!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Fiesta is a modern, clean and reasonable hotel. The entire week of our stay, our room smelled faintly of mildew, but the beds were firm and comfortable. Like most facilities in the DR, you definitely don't want to brush your teeth the tap water, but the water and ice served in the restaurant was safe. The staff were friendly and helpful, most with a working knowledge of English, for those of us who speak little Spanish. The breakfast buffet is great (superb coffee), the dinner not so much. The internet was maddeningly inconsistent and desperately slow in the room. We eventually just went to the lobby for good internet. The pool is large and generally clean (closed for one day after hurricane Issac.) The exercise facility is truly wonderful, but since it also serves as a sort of local health club, it can be crowded at times. The neighborhood is quiet, and the excellent well-stocked Bravo grocery store is only a block away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Community M, Director General at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest:
First of all, thank you for taking the time to let us know our strengths and weaknesses.
The strengths are the result of team work and commitment and the weaknesses, have no doubt, our most important goals.
We are working hard on improving internet service. We know the importance of this tool to our distinguished guests and we are doing everything possible to enhance the service.
We hope to see you soon and be able to show the results that, thanks to reviews like yours and hard work, we are achieving.
Best regards,

Been to Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!