“I Like the Facility but Poor Customer Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino

You added Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Anacaona 101, Esquina Cibao Oeste | Sector los Cacicazgos, Santo Domingo 11108, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #19 of 76 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Jimani, Dominican Republic
“I Like the Facility but Poor Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at the Dominican Fiesta while on a Business Trip in Santo Domingo. The check-in process was difficult and time consuming even though I was the only one checking-in at the time. This was the third time I have stayed here. I keep coming back because of the facilities, but the customer service each time seems to get worse. They seem to be more interested in serving their gym clients than the people staying at the hotel. I would like to come back with my family, because I think my kids would enjoy it, and I will put up with the poor customer service for them. Apparently my wife and our two kids puts us over the allowable guests, and the four of us can not stay in the same room. I have tried calling and e-mailing the hotel, but I can't get a response.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please accept our apology for the delay in your check in.
Guest service is one of the most important values for our Hotel, so we really appreciate your comments in order to verify our procedures and improve our service.
We´re sorry you couldn´t reach us. We´ll be contacting you in order to help you make your future reservation with your family.
Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all, I had difficulties to find the hotel. The sign at the corner of the street prepares you for the generally old state of the hotel. Once a round the corner, I had to ask if this was the hotel, as I could find where was written the name... The lobby is quite standard. I came in with quite a lot of luggage but nobody was there to help. After check in the bellboys were wondering where I came from. Breakfast though was great! a lot of choices healthy, local or American style. As for the rooms, also quite standard, we had everything needed, but nothing more. The modern style bathroom had just been renovated and were really clean. I am happy i had booked on-line, saved 50 USD per day!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thanks for your comment!
Is a pleasure to inform you that we are working on a Master Signage Plan for the Hotel, and hope to have it ready soon.
We have also taken note of the other points you mentioned, and we will be following up on them.
We hope to have them ready for your next visit!
México
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Service is friendly and nice. Room size is ok. Restrooms are clean. Room furniture is old, however. Restaurant is fine; nevertheless I suggest changing the daily offerings: after 3 days everything looks the same...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear guest,
Thanks for your comment!
We´re working to improve the variety of our buffet, so the guests that stay for a long time in our Hotel have the opportunity to taste the different plates our Food and Beverage staff is developing.
We hope to have the chance to introduce you to this changes in a future visit.
Best regards
Altanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The city isnt that nice as it stands but this hotel wasn't too far off from the american standard .
They could improve with the Smell of mildew from the humidity and lighten up on security a bit. It also seems like the hotel allows a few local Prostitutes to work the lobby so the hotel can collect the $50 " visitor fee" that u must pay if u have a guest in your room.. Other than that this hotel is a good stay for the money , the security is great ... about 20 mins from the Airport ...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear guest:
Thank you for your comment.
We´re concerned about your impression on the “local prostitutes”.
There is, as a matter of fact, a visitor fee, but it has nothing to do with that kind of visits. Anyone who´s not registered in the room must pay this extra pax rate.
They don´t “work” in the Hotel and we don´t encourage that service.
We´re proud members of “The Code” and, because of that, have an extra care in this matter.
As your opinion is so important for us, we´ll directly supervise the common areas in order to avoid that impression in our distinguished guests.
Thank you for your advice!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Fiesta is a modern, clean and reasonable hotel. The entire week of our stay, our room smelled faintly of mildew, but the beds were firm and comfortable. Like most facilities in the DR, you definitely don't want to brush your teeth the tap water, but the water and ice served in the restaurant was safe. The staff were friendly and helpful, most with a working knowledge of English, for those of us who speak little Spanish. The breakfast buffet is great (superb coffee), the dinner not so much. The internet was maddeningly inconsistent and desperately slow in the room. We eventually just went to the lobby for good internet. The pool is large and generally clean (closed for one day after hurricane Issac.) The exercise facility is truly wonderful, but since it also serves as a sort of local health club, it can be crowded at times. The neighborhood is quiet, and the excellent well-stocked Bravo grocery store is only a block away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Community M, Director General at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest:
First of all, thank you for taking the time to let us know our strengths and weaknesses.
The strengths are the result of team work and commitment and the weaknesses, have no doubt, our most important goals.
We are working hard on improving internet service. We know the importance of this tool to our distinguished guests and we are doing everything possible to enhance the service.
We hope to see you soon and be able to show the results that, thanks to reviews like yours and hard work, we are achieving.
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed in April 2012 for 4 days and wasn't impressed. I informed the front desk that I might be having a guest to stay with me and if I did they would check in with them, I found out my last day there that I was charged for my guest staying with me, even though they never showed up!! Also, I understand that secuirty is needed, but anywhere and everywhere I went I felt that I was being stared at. Unfortunately, the security guards know the room numbers and I had a security guard call my room supposedly on his day off to make sure that nobody was in the room with me and if everything was ok. Also, there was no casino, it's getting renovated. I tried this hotel on a whim, but I'l be going back to the Hilton on my monthly trips. I felt VERY uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Guest:

Sorry for any inconveniences that you had at your stay with us. We have security rule that our personal have to make but thanks to your comment we will get information about this case.

Regards
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

stayed at this hotel for 4 days and loved it for the cleaniness and front desk check in was a breeze,I like this hotel for the great location near all ammenities and was quiet. the pool was great as the kids enjoyed this it was clean and not too over populated.I do recommend this hotel for buissiness or pleasure i give this a thumbs up !!!

Room Tip: resquest a room facing the pool as it gives you a great view.