“Not much outstandingly terrific or awful” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Anacaona 101, Esquina Cibao Oeste | Sector los Cacicazgos, Santo Domingo 11108, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 75 hotels in Santo Domingo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Not much outstandingly terrific or awful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Fiesta is a modern, clean and reasonable hotel. The entire week of our stay, our room smelled faintly of mildew, but the beds were firm and comfortable. Like most facilities in the DR, you definitely don't want to brush your teeth the tap water, but the water and ice served in the restaurant was safe. The staff were friendly and helpful, most with a working knowledge of English, for those of us who speak little Spanish. The breakfast buffet is great (superb coffee), the dinner not so much. The internet was maddeningly inconsistent and desperately slow in the room. We eventually just went to the lobby for good internet. The pool is large and generally clean (closed for one day after hurricane Issac.) The exercise facility is truly wonderful, but since it also serves as a sort of local health club, it can be crowded at times. The neighborhood is quiet, and the excellent well-stocked Bravo grocery store is only a block away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Community M, Director General at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest:
First of all, thank you for taking the time to let us know our strengths and weaknesses.
The strengths are the result of team work and commitment and the weaknesses, have no doubt, our most important goals.
We are working hard on improving internet service. We know the importance of this tool to our distinguished guests and we are doing everything possible to enhance the service.
We hope to see you soon and be able to show the results that, thanks to reviews like yours and hard work, we are achieving.
Best regards,

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed in April 2012 for 4 days and wasn't impressed. I informed the front desk that I might be having a guest to stay with me and if I did they would check in with them, I found out my last day there that I was charged for my guest staying with me, even though they never showed up!! Also, I understand that secuirty is needed, but anywhere and everywhere I went I felt that I was being stared at. Unfortunately, the security guards know the room numbers and I had a security guard call my room supposedly on his day off to make sure that nobody was in the room with me and if everything was ok. Also, there was no casino, it's getting renovated. I tried this hotel on a whim, but I'l be going back to the Hilton on my monthly trips. I felt VERY uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Community M, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Guest:

Sorry for any inconveniences that you had at your stay with us. We have security rule that our personal have to make but thanks to your comment we will get information about this case.

Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

stayed at this hotel for 4 days and loved it for the cleaniness and front desk check in was a breeze,I like this hotel for the great location near all ammenities and was quiet. the pool was great as the kids enjoyed this it was clean and not too over populated.I do recommend this hotel for buissiness or pleasure i give this a thumbs up !!!

Room Tip: resquest a room facing the pool as it gives you a great view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Palladium-Royal, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thanks you so much to take time to write this comment. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we wait to see you again in our hotel very soon.

Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood, which is nice. Lots of tennis courts, excellent gym, and salons. Big disappointment is the pool. I have stayed at twenty or so different resorts in the DR, and never seen a pool so dirty. It did not matter if you went in the morning, afternoon or evening. The pool had leaves, hair, plastic, dead bees, and misc other stuff floating around in it. I never saw anyone cleaning it throughout the day. The kids pool is always so full of junk my three year old won't go in it. It seems they have no schedule or person in charge of cleaning the pool throughout the day, and it gets a lot of use. It would not take much for them to fix this problem, hope they will.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Palladium-Royal, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you to write your opinion about our hotel. I want to give you my apologize to your experience with the pool, but this is not a normal situation in our facilities because we have personal working in this area. If you can tell me when this happen will be a great information.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Dominican fiesta hotel & casino and it was a lovely stay! The most important is that the location is quiet and safe. 10 min far from city center but they have taxis available all the time just for $7 The staff is so friendly and helpful and the sports facilities are great! tennis courts, football field, basketball court, gym, large pool, swim up bar!! that´s great to have a nice and realxing afternoon!

As well I loved the live music on the roof top, with jazz and blues music and friendly atmosphere
The casino was closed until end month, that was the only inconvenience. The rest was great and worthy for the price!

Room Tip: Higher floor called executive is the best, with a low extra cost, which has great value for money. D...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much to write your experience in our hotel. We saw that you like so much our sport facilities, we try to keep this renovate all the time.

We hope to see you soon.

Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I hosted my wedding at this hotel and it was wonderful! Everything was as i previously ordered. One of the things my guests loved the most was the food and drinks selection, i mean the food was excellent!!!. I really felt like there was a group of people taking care of every detail so that my wedding could be as i pictured it in the first place.

We also stayed our first night as a married couple at the hotel, we got a suite, it was very pretty, clean, with personalized details, they left us a note congratulating us as well as some drinks and snaks.

The cost was very acceptable in exchange of the quality of the service i received.

Totally recommend it if you want to do a destination wedding! :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Pamela F:

Thanks you so much for your comments about your stay in our hotel. We are so happy that you have choosen our hotel for a special event like your wedding.

We hope see you soon again in our hotel.

Regards,
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Dominican Fiesta Hotel offers all the activities of a resort hotel in the city center. You can enjoy the excellent cuisine; the Caribbean sun, exercises in the gym equipped with the latest machinery. Drinks at the bar, pool, nighttime activities. Perfect for business, in which both can enjoy its amenities. excellent!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Community Manager at Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thanks you for your comment. It is a reward for our work know that you are satisfied with our hotel.

We wait to meet you again in our hotel.

Regards

Been to Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!