First, let me preface my review and say that I am an experienced Caribbean traveler and I do not expect US standards when visiting. This was my first trip to SD so I do not have another property to compare the Renaissance to. However, a hotel of this size and grandeur needs a serious facelift. Emerald green carpet, old TV's, and a very dated bathroom greeted me upon check-in but I took it all in stride. The staff was exceptional, and my room attendants were awesome...after returning to my room I found my makeup and toiletries organized. The nightly turn down service with complimentary bottled water and chocolate were a welcome addition. My room rate included the breakfast buffet which was very good, offering traditional American and a few Dominican favorites. The omelet station and fresh squeezed juices were the highlights. Food at the hotel is quite expensive so I do not recommend eating any meals there other than breakfast. The poolside grill had more economical options but were still expensive. It's also important to note the 16% and 10% service charge and tax added on to every order which is common in many of the restaurants. The pool area is large with adequate lounges and private cabanas for guest enjoyment. Wifi was strong and speedy albeit expensive ($17 per day). Overall it was a pleasant stay but I would consider other options in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Jaragua Hotel Santo Domingo
- Renaissance Jaragua Hotel
- Renaissance Santo Domingo
- Santo Domingo Renaissance
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Renaissance Jaragua Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.