“A neat little budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Danae

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santo Domingo
Hotel La Danae
Calle Danae No 35 | Gazcue, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Gazcue)   |
Ranked #51 of 76 hotels in Santo Domingo
Denmark
“A neat little budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

I enjoyed my two weeks in this small family-owned and family-run hotel in a quiet street, lined with villas and trees, in an ageing part of Santo Domingo. It is within walking distance to the historic part of the city, Zona Colonial. Prices are very sensible, and the people will take care of you in an informal but personable way.

Prepare yourself for a nice place that does not function along the lines of big 4-5 star hotels. One night I came home late and discovered that I had locked my keys in the room. Believing this to be a minor problem, I turned to the people dozing in the lounge chairs in the small reception area. They did not have keys to the rooms! Seemingly they rested with the manager's daughter who had gone home for the night. - But the two men present took a lot of trouble trying to get me past the door to my room, working on the lock and doorhandle with screwdrivers and hammers. In vain. This proved to me that these primitive locks are not easily burglarized ... They ended giving me another room for just this one night, without charging extra. A somewhat messy, but friendly place.

• Stayed October 2008

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Hotel La Danae? Share your experiences!