“dinner on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Maple, Canada
“dinner on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

if you visit puerta Plata, make sure to have to have dinner at the Le petit francois great service and food at a reasonable price!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gatineau, Canada
“very nice place clean good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We where in the area second of march to 16 of march 2013 we ad many fine meals at this place we ad plenty to eat &drink Francois is a real gentlemen we enjoyed the stay

Preston, United Kingdom
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I do not know what it is like during lunch time but we went there in the evening.
The waiters are very friendly, the polite kind of friendly, not the typical harassing Dominican style.
I liked the food there. I nearly did not finish it because they gave me a big plate, but I prefer too much than not enough ! What was it, you may ask... well I do not remember, I think there was cheese involved.
Oh, the cook is French so there you go !
Yes it is just on the beach. West from Playa Dorada

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kim and Ian Canada
“Excellent, can't be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Join Francois and his team for an excllent night out. This restaurant is top notch. Have you Lobster on the beach with a beautiful view. The food was amazing. Frabcois took the tine to expalin the menu to us and visited our table many time to chat and make sure that everything was perfect. HIghly recommend this restaurant for a great Franch atmospher and food

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“WASTE OF MONEY - Disgusting Food - Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

1-809-320-9612
info@le-petit-francois.com

My wife and i were promised Excellent lobster by this Weirdo named Tiger, on the beach by the orange market on our stay in Dominican Republic.

We started off buy trying the appetizers. Our waiters spoke terrible English. Our cutlery was unwashed and still has price tag stickers on it.

We decided to have dinner on the beach. The view was nice. but the sun goes down around 7pm. So we basically sat in the dark for our main course. The ceaser salad was old. Tasted like like week old lettuce soaked in mayo and left in a fridge. NOT fresh.Flavor was like Mcdonalds Big MAC filling. The crew-tons were old stale bread. I also tried the French onion soup. It was a bowl of bland soup with a piece of bread in it with unmelted cheese. My wife got a Raw salmon dish. It was the worst thing she has ever eaten and i wouldn't even feed it to my dog. My wife was throwing up the whole next day all day and night. The only thing we ate was this food from this restaurant.

We then asked for a candle or light so we could see what the lobster looked like we were about to eat. The lobster was DISGUSTING. Nothing like i have ever had before. It was bland and mushy texture. I have pictures to prove all of these statements as well.

For $110 US you would think you get some actual lobster from the ocean as it is 20 feet away. I found out later the lobster they served us is picked from the mud. not from the ocean at all.

Also they said they get it fresh everyday and you have to let them know when you reserve your table. When i reserved i only asked for 1 lobster meal but when we ordered my wife could also get it? tell me how they could go out and catch the lobster that day if they didn't even know my wife was going to have it?. Scam not worth the money.

BAD service. Terrible overall experience. 0/10 these people need a lesson in customer service and fine dining. take my word for it, or go waste your money and try yourself.

• Visited January 2013