“Great location for business traveller” 3 of 5 stars

Winter/Fall Special
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Roseau
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Barbados
“Great location for business traveller”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed at this hotel Last weekend en route to another country. Booking the reservation with Viviana was delightful and her response time to any of my queries was prompt. Staff at check in were very pleasant. The food at Pallisades restaurant was good and the wait staff excellent. The entire weekend was splendid. On booking transport back to the airport the nice lady at Khatts (on site tour desk) went as far as to help me source nail polish remover on a Sunday when the stores around town were closed. Special thanks to bellman Keith and the entire front desk team! I felt quite at home.

Room Tip: Best views are the seaside rooms in the newer part of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Roseau, Dominica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently visited the Fort Young Hotel - The Key to Dominica, along with my lecturer and Tourism and Travel Agency Management classmates and we were at awe by the level of professionalism of the Sales Assistant Miss Ashma Chaseau. Miss Chaseau was very informative and pleasant. She sold the hotel in a matter of minutes to us and I personally would like to encourage persons to come to Dominica and visit the Fort Young Hotel. Their mission statement covers not only guest and profit but employees well being as well. A number of services are being offered to guest and locals a like at great prices. The most enticing package to me was the wedding package. Book that date today or check them out on facebook or twitter. Thank you Miss Chaseau!!!

Room Tip: ocean suits for the romance seekers.
gainesville,fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good staff, nice rooms and balconies! Beautiful suite with decent prices.
Expensive buffet breakfast. Decent restaurant. Has pool and small gym.right on the water, awesome sunsets. Great location near most major attractions.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room that's not on the ground floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I absolutely loved this place - try to get a room near the pool looking out onto the ocean. Everything was top notch and the property is very peaceful yet a two minute walk from all of the (admittedly limited) nightlife in Roseau. If you stay be sure also to check out "Reggae Bar" located just across the street from the hotel which has great drinks, great curry and of course great music. Also be sure to check out the history of the hotel - fascinating

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fort Royal was recommended to me by a work colleague living on island. I decided on the spur of the moment to take a trip to Dominica on my own, and this was a wonderful base from which to get to the major attractions.

Loved that the hotel's driver Martin,was waiting for me at the airport and gave me the most cheerful welcome I've ever received. Loved the hotel's location. It was easy for me from the first day to walk around Roseau and easily find my way back. Being able to walk around comfortably without having to rely on transportation is important to me. Loved the room which was an ocean view, and from its proximity to the water, sitting on the balcony made you feel like being on a sailboat. I could also see all along the coast, spectacular especially at night. Loved the service. Most of the meals I had were in the open air bar / lounge area. The barmen & barwoman were genuinely gracious. But really everyone was like this from Front Desk to management. The quiet presencr of Marvlyn, the hotel manager, was visible even on weekends.

Initially, I had planned to split my 10-day stay between two hotels, but I loved this one so much that
I returned after two days. It felt like returning to family.

Room Tip: Splurge for an ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Fort Young Hotel is an amazing resort and has played a gracious host to the Nature Island Challenge for the past two years. We have had a wonderful experience working with the Fort Young Hotel and accommodations have been fantastic. We thoroughly look forward to coming back in a few days for round three!!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong. Oceanside location is first-class and opening your hotel door for the first tim...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
FortYoungHotel, General Manager at Fort Young Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi

It is always a pleasure to host the Nature Island Challenge participants and organizers. It is really interesting to discover and speak to all the teams about their impressions of the Nature Island.

We are quite happy to be the home away from home for the teams and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Marvlyn
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My business trip to Dominica was wonderful, due in great part to the staff at Fort Young Hotel. They arranged for my airport pick-up, a driver for my business meetings and then a driver for a few hours of exploration, which isn't nearly enough time to explore even a piece of the island. The restaurant and its staff were delightful, and the special cook-out at the bar one evening was great. I am already working on plans to visit again with my family and I am sure Camisha and the Fort Young Staff will be there to help!

Thanks so much.

Patrick

Room Tip: I loved the rooms south side of the building; they are on top of the water and you can fall asleep t...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Hi

We thank you for having chosen the Fort Young Hotel as your choice of accommodation during your business trip to Dominica. We are pleased that we are able to meet and exceed your expectations and thank you for your feedback.

Our number one priority is to ensure that our guests are happy and that they enjoy their experience with us. And as our tagline says “We are the Key to Dominica” and so we aim to always give our guests the opportunity to discover what Dominica has to offer using the Fort Young Hotel as the Hub.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Marvlyn

Been to Fort Young Hotel? Share your experiences!