“Amazing Hotel and a awesome meat-lover restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

L'Aldea Resort & Restaurants
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   St. Catharina 66, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Ranked #21 of 30 Willemstad B&B and Inns
Curacao
“Amazing Hotel and a awesome meat-lover restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have been staying at the Hotel from L'aldea for 5 nights in a really great, comfortable and new room. Actually i was one of the first guests to this newly build Hotel, witch consists of only 12 rooms witch are in the middle of a tropical forest with a lot of amazing animals.
And this was my first encounter with the island, and the Caribbean itself. What a great first start it was to this amazingly friendly island. I was so tried from the flight when I arrived, I was shown to my room by the owner. The room I got was a big luxurious second floor room with a balcony, hammock and a view to remember. After I have seen my room i was lead by the owner to the bar, where I met Natashja the Restaurant manager, she made my first cocktail at L'aldea.
I had a very warm welcome and went after this good cocktail to sleep. I actually in a long time haven't been sleeping that well like in this amazing kingsize bed. Due to my jetlag I got up at 3 am and walked around the big hotel and restaurant premisses. This was an astonishing experience at night. I even met Ralph, the guardian dog. Actually I bumped into him at night in a very dark place and the was so friendly and lovely.
In the morning i got every time a nice breakfast with custom made eggs and fresh juice. This was a great start in the day and lasted till the evening.
When I got to the front desk I was offered to join the tour through Amazonia, the rainforest garden of L'aldea for free. This was an amazing tour with Maria one of the Tour-guides witch did an amazing job explaining everything. 160 species of animals and so many plants I can't even name them all. It was just incredible. I even joined the tour for several times and took a lot of incredible pictures. What a great deal to go to this Hotel. The pool is good, the rooms fancy, the staff is just the best.

Now coming to the restaurant, holy crap, I never had that good meat before. The picania is that amazing, i couldn't resist eating there every night. They have a awesomely big salad bar, and a big variety of the best meet on the island. Outstanding is definitely the restaurant manager Natashja. She just took over the place a few weeks ago and is running it like a longtime pro.
And if you visit you have too try the cocktails made by Hugo the bartender. Probably in the top 3 of the island. Also just amazing. And try the cocktail named "DC", it is just WOW!

All over it is a place to be. Just to be, relax and enjoy.

Dieter T. from Germany

Room Tip: The rooms are equipped all the same, they just vary by size and if they have a private balcony or no...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I were the first official guest and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.
It is a great place to go with kids as they have a mini zoo with lots of beautiful parrots and also some reptiles
The room was comfortable and very clean!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to L'Aldea Resort & Restaurants? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about L'Aldea Resort & Restaurants

Address: St. Catharina 66, Willemstad, Curacao
Location: Caribbean > Curacao > Willemstad
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #21 of 30 B&Bs / Inns in Willemstad
Hotel Class:3.5 star — L'Aldea Resort & Restaurants 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your L'Aldea Resort & Restaurants reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
L'Aldea Resort & Restaurants Curacao/Willemstad

If you own or manage L'Aldea Resort & Restaurants, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.