“Worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Suites Curacao

You added Clarion Hotel & Suites Curacao to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Suites Curacao
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   World Trade Center Piscadera Bay z/n, Willemstad 6199, Curacao   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Willemstad
Boston, Massachusetts
“Worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

What one can imagine bad about hotel can be found in this hotel: dirty bed sheets, mold in the bathroom, leaking air conditioners with water dripping just on to the floor in the middle of the night. And the most disgusting was the smell. The smell mold was unbearable. Shower water is cold, internet is horrible. The only good was hotel restaurant’s food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

The hotel is fair. I stayed for one night before a reservation at another hotel started, and it worked fine for me, but I would not have been happy for the extended trip if I stayed there. It is a typical Clarion type budget hotel.

There is a nice courtyard and pool with bars and restaurants that are pretty nice, and an included breakfast that wasn't bad.

I will say though, the staff was quite nice. After there was an issue with my reservation, the staff went out of their way to make it work, and upgraded me to a suite for it.

The suite was quite large and nice overall. It would work out nice for a business trip or something of that matter as it is adjacent to the convention center.

There really is not a beach, something that confused me.. as the website mentioned one. True it is right across the street from the shore, but it is full of garbage and huge rocks with nowhere to sit or swim, so if you want a beach you either have to sneak into the Marriott's next door, or drive to one.

If you are on a budget and want to get to Curacao and don't care about your room much, give it a try, but if you want a relaxing trip, keep looking.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Whilst the accommodation was reasonable it did not warrant the $260 a night price hike over the Holiday period. Albeit that the rooms had a dark dampness to them. The Service was the worst I have experienced! The toilet paper was running low for a few days, when it finally ran out I called the desk only to be told that room service is gone for the night and they will bring some in the morning. I went to the bar to get tissues. Next day when we came back from sightseeing at 2pm. No toilet paper. Called the frontdesk, later they just put one near the sink.
One morning we were refused a cup for the orange juice by the chef at 10:30 cause breakfast ended at 10. I went to the coffee station to get a cup and he ran out to remove the Orange juice tumbler. I went berserk.

This hotel is not owned by Clarion but operated under license. I will be writing to Clarion.

If you are going to Curacao over the Holidays book your hotel at least two months in advance or else all the good ones will be taken.

On the plus side, the unassuming public beach across the road afforded one of the best corals for snorkeling.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Norfolk,MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My family and I stayed here for one night after our flight got cancelled and this is the hotel American Airlines set us up with. There isn't much to the hotel, the lobby is just a check-in desk. Our room was on the first floor which was like a dungeon. The room was very new and clean, but the smell of must was unbearable and we had no view. Also the beds were as hard as a rock and damp because of the must and moisture of the room which lead to an unpleasant sleep, not to mention the sheet of the bed only went 3/4 the way down the bed, so your feet stick out. Also, the bathroom was nice, but poorly designed as when the water from the shower hits the back of the shower the bathroom floods, which caught us by surprise. We ate the the restaurant in the hotel that night which was surprisingly good, but it took us 45 minutes to get our bill, and at that point we decided to go up and get it ourself because no one would bring it to us. Overall, the Clarion Curacao is an O.K hotel for a one night stay, but not a good hotel for a week long vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

I was unexpectedly stuck in Curacao overnight and this was the only hotel which had any vacancies. When I arrived they immediately notified me that I had left my wallet at the airport Hertz counter (in fact someone found it on a counter near the Hertz desk and turned it in to the lady there.........who had very graciously helped me find my hotel while renting me a car).

I then returned to the hotel and checked in. Check-in is like anywhere in the Netherland Antilles......... excruciatingly slow but the receptionists were quite friendly. The wireless internet was completely useless, however they had complimentary computers to use on the third floor which was great. They also will give you an ethernet cord but it did not work either. Bring your adapters as all the outlets are European and they only have a limited number of adapters to lend out.

I was quite exhausted and just wanted room service. So they sent me to the bar/ restaurant and I placed an order which the waitress then delivered to my room. It should also be noted that the restaurant was closing, yet they still took my order........... and the food was great.

I would not choose this hotel for a long stay, however I certainly would not bad mouth it either. There was a small pool which I only saw at night. The hotel is right across the street from the beach (which I only saw at night from my car). I know the Hilton right up the street offers scuba diving excursions and I am sure they will pick you up if you are too lazy to walk. I also noticed some signs for shuttle bus pick-ups to downtown.

I would recommend this hotel for a layover but I am not sure if I would recommend it for any length of time. That is just my opinion and may not be completely fair since I would usually look for a hotel with more amenities..........and this one really saved me in a crunch.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

We stayed at the Clarion hotel during our 7 night stay in Curacao. The beaches on the island are some of the best in the world. If you are staying at this hotel a rent a car is a must to get to the beaches. They try very hard to please at the hotel but they have a very small selection of dining choice. The free breakfast was very good. The bed are not queen size they are full size and hard as a rock. There is a great walking path next to the hotel that runs along the ocean.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
dominica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

Was a very good trip and the hotel is so nice. The restaurant have a very good italian food!!

Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Clarion Hotel & Suites Curacao? Share your experiences!