“Great deal for location!” 4 of 5 stars

You added San Marco Hotel and Casino to your Saves list
San Marco Hotel and Casino
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Columbusstraat 7, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Willemstad
“Great deal for location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Second time staying there and I truly enjoyed it. Right in the middle of the historical town, San Marco hotel fits right in with a bit of its old world esthetics to add to Punda. Would definetly stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Nothing fancy about the place. All I needed though was a place to sleep as I went to the beach or scuba diving during the day. No point wasting big bucks on a fancy hotel if all I'm going to do is sleep there. It's close to high end shopping and lots of restaurants. The staff were decent enough. The only odd thing though was that when I was packing for my departure I found a pair of ladies panties on the top shelf of the closet. I always do a thorough room check prior to leaving. I hadn't had any company and they certainly weren't mine. They took a night of my bill.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here overnight on my way to Bonaire. The room was clean, the sheets were also clean but dingy. Wake up call was on time and the staff were friendly. The price was about the best I could find. Taxi service from and to the airport was seriously pricy though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Pereira, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very friendly staff, good view in our room, it's very central.. nice to spend some days in curacao... the only issue is that there's no beach close to the hotel, but it'll be the same with any hotel located in the town center.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with bad wifi signal.. try to pick one room close to the elevator
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of staying here for one night on business. This is far and above the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Upon checking in and seeing the room I requested another one straight away, the woman behind the desk didn't seem impressed, made no attempt to apologise and barely communicated, it was like speaking to a brick wall. I think the room they moved me to was actually worse than the original one but I then realised it was a lost cause.

The room was small, dated, old and very dirty. The view from the window was of a dirty alleyway, the curtains were kept closed to hide this. There were only 2 light bulbs throughout the room and bathroom that actually worked, hope you don't mind showering in the dark!

As I was very tired I thought "at least I have a bed and can get a good night sleep"... how wrong was I! The bed was rock solid, would have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor. As I wasn't flying home until the afternoon I had planned a long lie, the housekeepers made sure this wouldn't happen though as they began shouting to one and other at around 8am, and when I say shouting I literally mean shouting. Once the shouting had stopped they began singing just to make sure you couldn't get back to sleep.

Also the wifi doesn't work in your room, you have to go to reception to get connected. The breakfast was terrible, don't even bother going.

This hotel isn't worth $5 a night, never mind $55... I would not stay here again even if someone paid me, do yourself a favour and pay a bit more and go somewhere decent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Please do not believe this photo on tripadvisor=this is why I have chosen this hotel.
First of all
I was so surprised that I was charged more than normal price because I have booked through Booking.com.
It as only 4.4$ but ( I wonder is this what they pay for booking.com aha aha and this hotel do not want to lose 2.2$ ) I was surprised.
I asked why I need to pay more than normal?
The answer was '' Because you used booking.com''

Internet was slow and not always going in my room...I asked why and the answer was
'' Problem!" no sorry nor no excuse... and they did not tell me when I can use it.and even in the robby for half day there was no internet.
Waitress and reception lady was one of the rudest workers I have ever seen in hotel business.

Very very old dirty building ...My room was rather clean but the fridge was not clean.
With this price ( says 85$ for single on sign board but I payed 174.4 for 2 nights thanks to Booking.com== actually I like booking.com and I always use it..I know this problem was not because of booking.com. The same problem happened in Punta cana (Dominican) too.

I would say this is Caribbean mentality problem.
They pay little money for Booking.com and they charge it on us guests without hiding the price cards. I have been using booking.com for about 50times all over the world and this has happened only in Caribbean countries and in Romania.
Absolutely no service and bad attitude . except for cleaning ladies = they were rather nice.

Room Tip: Never use booking company...but before that please do not choose this hotel. If you have to stay in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Paramaribo, Suriname
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went to Willemstad for 10 days and i had a great time staying at San Marco. The staff is friendly and the location of the hotel is superb. The hotel is in budget. The room is good and i enjoyed my time there. If you want to visit Curacao and staying in the city, punda of course, please take the San Marco. Vanisha.

Room Tip: Take a room at the fifth floor. Room 503
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo