“Nice hotel in the town center” 5 of 5 stars

San Marco Hotel and Casino
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Columbusstraat 7, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Willemstad
Pereira, Colombia
“Nice hotel in the town center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very friendly staff, good view in our room, it's very central.. nice to spend some days in curacao... the only issue is that there's no beach close to the hotel, but it'll be the same with any hotel located in the town center.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with bad wifi signal.. try to pick one room close to the elevator
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Perth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of staying here for one night on business. This is far and above the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Upon checking in and seeing the room I requested another one straight away, the woman behind the desk didn't seem impressed, made no attempt to apologise and barely communicated, it was like speaking to a brick wall. I think the room they moved me to was actually worse than the original one but I then realised it was a lost cause.

The room was small, dated, old and very dirty. The view from the window was of a dirty alleyway, the curtains were kept closed to hide this. There were only 2 light bulbs throughout the room and bathroom that actually worked, hope you don't mind showering in the dark!

As I was very tired I thought "at least I have a bed and can get a good night sleep"... how wrong was I! The bed was rock solid, would have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor. As I wasn't flying home until the afternoon I had planned a long lie, the housekeepers made sure this wouldn't happen though as they began shouting to one and other at around 8am, and when I say shouting I literally mean shouting. Once the shouting had stopped they began singing just to make sure you couldn't get back to sleep.

Also the wifi doesn't work in your room, you have to go to reception to get connected. The breakfast was terrible, don't even bother going.

This hotel isn't worth $5 a night, never mind $55... I would not stay here again even if someone paid me, do yourself a favour and pay a bit more and go somewhere decent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Please do not believe this photo on tripadvisor=this is why I have chosen this hotel.
First of all
I was so surprised that I was charged more than normal price because I have booked through Booking.com.
It as only 4.4$ but ( I wonder is this what they pay for booking.com aha aha and this hotel do not want to lose 2.2$ ) I was surprised.
I asked why I need to pay more than normal?
The answer was '' Because you used booking.com''

Internet was slow and not always going in my room...I asked why and the answer was
'' Problem!" no sorry nor no excuse... and they did not tell me when I can use it.and even in the robby for half day there was no internet.
Waitress and reception lady was one of the rudest workers I have ever seen in hotel business.

Very very old dirty building ...My room was rather clean but the fridge was not clean.
With this price ( says 85$ for single on sign board but I payed 174.4 for 2 nights thanks to Booking.com== actually I like booking.com and I always use it..I know this problem was not because of booking.com. The same problem happened in Punta cana (Dominican) too.

I would say this is Caribbean mentality problem.
They pay little money for Booking.com and they charge it on us guests without hiding the price cards. I have been using booking.com for about 50times all over the world and this has happened only in Caribbean countries and in Romania.
Absolutely no service and bad attitude . except for cleaning ladies = they were rather nice.

Room Tip: Never use booking company...but before that please do not choose this hotel. If you have to stay in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Paramaribo, Suriname
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went to Willemstad for 10 days and i had a great time staying at San Marco. The staff is friendly and the location of the hotel is superb. The hotel is in budget. The room is good and i enjoyed my time there. If you want to visit Curacao and staying in the city, punda of course, please take the San Marco. Vanisha.

Room Tip: Take a room at the fifth floor. Room 503
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
San Fernando, Trinidad
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ideal for people doing business in the city. If you are going for a vacation or a special occasion forget it! Its a place to rest and thats all. The breakfast sucks. You only get cheese, ham and bread. When I requested eggs, I was told that I will have to pay extra for them. $1.50 each. But the location is in the heart of thd shopping area. I got a room with 2 single beds. The view from that room was a dirty alley. I went to the front desk and requested a king bed instead and was given a much better room on the 3rd floor with a little view. I will stay here again if I go to Curacao.

• Stayed January 2013
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here with work with 3 other colleagues. It would appear the higher the floor the better the room as my colleagues room on the floor below was average to say the least and the other colleague on the floor below that was terrible. My room was acceptable and didn't have too many complaints but the other rooms were bad. Breakfast was terrible and after two days we skipped it completely. Location is good but the alleyway along the hotel is very unkept. Overall I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

So we stayed at this hotel for the location. And is in the middle of the tourist town. We spent two nights. The rooms smelled and were dirty. The safe in two of the three rooms we booked were broken and were not fixed even after we said something. Did I say my room smelled...gross. Staff was pleasant.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to San Marco Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!