“Beautiful place at perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

BijBlauw
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Pietermaai 82-84, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Willemstad
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Beautiful place at perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Fantastic hotel, located in two recently renovated small buildings at the seaside of Pietermaai and only 10 minutes walking distance away from Punda.
Very enthusiastic, friendly and attentive crew.
The room is clean, complete and offers all you need after an exciting day in the sun: lush dubble bed, rich shower in stylish bathroom, TV, airco and fan. Valuables can be stored in your own locker in your room. There's also free WIFI available.
The terrace offers a spectacular sea view, with waves breaking gently while having breakfast or an evening drink. The inhouse kitchen, located at the terrace serves excelent food.
Staying at BijBlauw has definitly contributed to an unforgettable stay at Curacao.
I found the pricing most reasonably. If you want to omit the larger hotels for your stay, I'd recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was pointed at BijBlauw by their neighbours Scuba Lodge who were fully booked during my stay. BijBlauw opened mid-December 2013 and therefore is brand new. The rooms are located in the green building, the apartment, shop and children's restaurant are located in the yellow building. It is located in Pietermaaij which is an upcoming neighbourhood with so much good restaurants that you can easily fill one week with another restaurant every day without having to walk more than 3 minutes. I think that that is a big plus of the area. I felt like being in a real Curacao area instead of the standard hotel areas. I stayed at BijBlauw for 5 nights and didn't need a car. You're at walking distance of Punda and Otrabanda and there is a bus stop in front of the guest house where you can take the bus to Jan Thiel and many other places at the Island. I traveled alone but felt very safe even in the dark as the restaurants and hotels in the Pietermaaij area have arranged for their our security guys. I stayed in the Rendez vous room which has the best view of all rooms. It has a big balcony with a wonderful sea view. You can see the cruise ships come and leave and have a nice sunset view as well. Wifi was working good.

Because the guest house had recently opened after an extensive renovation my room was missing some details to make it meet its price (e.g. a large mirror, enough space to layout your suitcase, loungers on the terrace, a place to dry your swimsuit, amenities such as tissues and soap). Furthermore not all electricity holes in the wall were finished yet and the cleaning ladies obviously hadn't found here routine yet (bin not emptied one day, no toilet paper other day, no replacement of used cups). But the owners were around each day and confirmed me that they are working hard to finish all these details. They are so enthousiastic and nice and I'm sure they will make the house to a big success. I found breakfast overpriced so I only tried it once, but the restaurant is wonderful and has a nice ocean view.

If you're travelling to Curacao and want to be in a central location with a hip feeling and a nice view, I would definately recommend BijBlauw.

Room Tip: Only the apartment and the rendez vous room have own outdoor space.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had originally booked another hotel, but due to an unfortunate miscommunication regarding the date we had to find another hotel last minute. We were directed towards BijBlauw, which only opened two weeks beforehand and luckily had a last minute room available. We had no idea what to expect, but we were absolutely astounded when we walked into our room. It's open and beautiful, with a completely modern design that plays on the contrast of different materials. We were also given a large terrace that has amazing view of the ocean and sunset. The food here is absolutely spectacular, and is the best I've eaten on my Bonaire/Curacao trip so far. Another plus is that it's only a ten minute walk to the downtown area, and it's located on a street full of colorful, picturesque houses. The hotel owners and staff are incredibly friendly, and our room had internet and air conditioning. As it turns out, we were incredibly lucky that our first hotel was misbooked, as it led us to BijBlauw.

Room Tip: Even though we are a family of three, we ended up staying in the Honeymoon Suite with an extra bed b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to BijBlauw? Share your experiences!