“Finally a superb restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 163 Restaurants in Willemstad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the historical district of Petermaai, Kome features a chef driven menu where worldly cooking techniques lay the foundation for the creative freedom Chef David and Pastry Chef Susan live for in the kitchen. The chefs cook things that make them happy, like homemade sausage, tasty sandwhiches, curry’s or stews; fried chicken, fresh bread, pie or something altogether surprising and new.
Charlotte
“Finally a superb restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We went there on a Friday night. They seated us almost Immediately even without a reservation.
The place has a great atmosphere and the interior design is well balanced and sophisticated.
If you are seated downstairs you can see the kitchen and the bakery (yes, the bakery).
We ate the tuna tartare and the octopus as an appetizer then the tuna (catch of the day) and the risotto "del dia" as main courses.
Everything was extremely delicious and well presented.
Service was ver good as well and everybody was friendly and nice.
A restaurant like this one can easily be in New York and still be successful.
It s definitely a different level of experience compared to most of the other options around (at least the one we tried).

Visited August 2014

Dallas, TX
“Our favorite meal on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We loved, loved, loved Kome! Although we were not there on tapas night, we ordered from the small plates menu as if we were. We started with the tuna tartar and yucca chips and the shrimp and funchi plates. Both were outstanding. In fact, my boyfriend liked the shrimp and funchi so much that he ordered another plate of that while I got the octopus a la plancha. Everything was so well-balanced and composed. Each bite was heaven. We sat outside and as the restaurant got busy, there was a long time lapse in between our courses. The manager comped one of our drinks as an apology for the wait without us even asking. Very good customer service!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Willemstad, Curacao
“Good food, good service !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Kome is becoming one of my favorites. I love the way they plate the food, beautiful and their unusual combinations. In the beginning I always added a little salt but lately did not feel that need. Try their shredded pork taco's, very good. They always have a different, fresh made dessert. During my last visit I ate a apple/raspberry crumble pie, absolutely one of the best pies I ever ate.

Visited August 2014
Sacramento
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My family and I ate here. The decor is really chic, something you would find in Napa. Very good food. 2 had the hanger steak and really liked it. I had the shrimp and pasta and it was excellent. My husband was disappointed in the paella. It was very dry. My girls had calamari and it was good. The funchon was not crisp enough.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Kome takes the cake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We recently had a family celebration at Kome. Luuk was the bar manager that assisted us with the menu and planning. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was very congenial. The restaurant staff and manage my went out of their way to accommodate us... Even opening the restaurant for lunch on a Saturday. I cannot say enough positive things about our experience!