“Most memorable evening of our stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 216 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: International, Mediterranean, French
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Baoase Culinary Beach Restaurant is an exclusive culinary restaurant on Curacao. Be welcomed in a paradise ambiance and let our top chef Rene and his professional team amaze you in design, texture & taste!Baoase offers a unique dining experience on a private beach. Nothing at Baoase is by coincidence. Every detail is taken care of. Surrounded by a fusion of Caribbean Beauty with Asian elegance, Baoase Beach Restaurant is the perfect choice for your special evening.Reservations recommended.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Most memorable evening of our stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had the most memorable meal and evening at Baoase while staying in Curacao. I reserved a private beach dinner through their website and they were most accommodating! During our 5-course dinner w/wine pairing, the chef was very hospitable to our requests. Our hostess, Emilayla, was fantastic! We will definitely be returning to Curacao and Baoase will most definitely be on our list for dinner, again.

2 Thank Billy L

Durham, North Carolina
“Incredible food, worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had dinner at Baoase in one of the private cabanas on the beach. Not cheap, but it was well worth what we paid. The price to reserve the cabana is $50 - I made the reservation a couple of weeks in advance and let them know were were traveling for our honeymoon. They decorated the cabana and everything looked great. We arrived shortly before 6pm, got a couple of drinks at the bar (~$11 USD each) and walked out on the hotel's small peninsula to watch the sunset, per staff recommendation. This was an amazing view and the perfect start to our dinner.

We sat down and ordered a bottle of wine ($35 USD) and each selected the four-course chef's menu ($55 USD each). The chef created each course based on our likes/dislikes (e.g. we told them we don't care for scallops, like seafood, etc.). Following a small amuse (tuna + veal), we received a first (tuna + dim sum) and second (sea bass + funchi + tomato relish) course followed by our entree (beef + sweetbreads + red wine onion compote) and dessert (creme brulee). The quality of the food was incredible. Portions were fairly small, so I don't recommend coming here on an empty stomach. However, clearly a lot of time and attention was put into our meal, and we had attentive (but not disruptive) service throughout.

We ate at a variety of restaurants during our stay (at the Marriott, downtown Willemstaad, and in Westpunt) and this was by far the best meal we had during our trip. If you have the money to spend, or are celebrating a special occasion, I would highly recommend Baoase.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Dan G
ostrava
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Curaçao is our favorite holiday destination and we have been there for few times already. After 3 years break we visited again Curaçao and found few new restaurants. The Boase is one we will for sure visit again on our next trip. Food was delicious! Service very friendly and helpful. Make sure you order beef Tatar - is prepared in front of you and you can choose ingredients. Small show which makes nice atmosphere:-)

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank LECYOstrava
Curacao
“Getting it wrong and fixing is more valuable than getting it right (IMHO)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We ate here for our anniversary and chose one of the special packages that they offer. You can opt for a picnic-like set-up, with cushions and tapas or sushi, sunset etc. That sounded lovely but we didn't have time for that so we went for a private little cabana - it was next to the restaurant but had some net curtains around it for privacy and to focus your attention on the water. A very nice set up, with some flowers and other special touches.

(I initially tried to book via email but then just ended up calling the main number and they were able to process all of the details on the phone and had answers to all of my questions too.)

We chose the 4-course amuse menu and the food was great, a tuna tartar with shrimp, a foie gras terrine and a two-way lamb dish and then a home-made Bounty with a creme brulee for dessert. The only problem we had was that the lamb was, to our tastes, undercooked - completely raw inside. The waiter came back right after we served and asked if everything was okay and we didn't complain but we hesitated a little, he pushed us to tell him what we thought and then he grabbed the plates and said he'd have it fixed and off he went. He came back with a completely new serving of the dish, cooked about medium, maybe a little medium-rare, and it was delicious. But having him take control of the situation was fantastic - I rarely get service like that anywhere and I was really impressed.

I ate here once many years ago before the kitchen had been fully installed and it was very, very disappointing so I was thrilled to see that they are now living up to the standards that they have set for themselves as the top resort and restaurant in Curacao. We'll be back soon I'm sure.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank PhlashPhlash
NJ
“The AMBIANCE is better than the FOOD...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went to this restaurant, after searching and searching for a Romantic Restaurant for my 50th birthday. We had a few drinks at the bar during sunset. Then we were seated in a romantic platform table with flowers and candles. They wrote Happy Birthday in the sand, so sweet.

Not a good thing to look at the menu before going to a restaurant, they didnt have a few things we were looking forward to. So the menu was a little more confusing in the end, trying to find something to order.

We sat down around 7 and didnt leave until 11, which is fine sometimes when you are relaxing during dinner. But when you are seated and you have to wait 45 minutes to get a drink to start off the night. then between courses we didnt see our waitress for long period of times. She was sweet and efficient but just kept us hanging for long periods. I do believe in time in between meals, I hate to be rushed but she was never around to ask if we needed another drink.

My tuna appetizer was AMAZING, but my dinner, one small piece of chicken breast, it did melt in your mouth but had pate smeared on top and was just okay. My husband had the boalibasse appetizer, which we have had before with fish selections in a red broth, this was just the fish head broth and three shrimp.

It was just okay, I know it is very romantic, but I think for the food, price and service, Fishalicious tops them all.

It is very romantic... but the food was just okay. I would probably go next time for drinks and appetizers at the bar for sunset. If you like tuna get it here, it was a top grade piece of tuna.

• Visited July 2012