We came accross this place on Interval when we were looking for a vacation for the fall. Typically we look for a place in a warm climate on the beach. Having been to Hawaii, Mexico and most of the BVI and USVIs, we were ready for a new experience. We considered St Martin but did not want a place that was crowded and full of chain hotels. Aruba was an option but been there and done that. Curacao was a place that we did not know much about or anyone who had been there. We decided that this was where we were going.
Curacao is a beautiful place and has a european feel. The Dutch influence is evident everywhere. But there is no mistake that you are in the Caribbean. 37+ beaches and many great restaurants for fine dinning make for the beginnings of a great time. Don't miss the Boathouse for dinner. If you are a couple, ask for one of the tables at the front of the deck overlooking the harbor.
The location and the people that work at Royal Sea Aquarium are what makes this place so special. If you like mega resorts then this place is not for you. But if you like beautiful sunsets, a staff that goes way overboard to make sure you have a fantastic vacation and a small beautiful setting then the Royal Sea Aquarium is the place to be. This is a smaller resort that is on it's own island and is located next to the Seaquarium and Dolphin Academy. They have an on site Italian restaurant which is OK although the chef likes to cook on the salty side.
But the real gems in this place are the sunsets, the Staff and the rooms. Every night we sat by the pool that overlooks the ocean to watch the incredible sunsets. Truly romantic!
The staff was really concerned with making sure we had a great time. Marcella & Lester really made us feel welcome as did all the staff. There was no high pressure sales pitch as is common with most of the time share resorts. We ended up asking for a presentation since we loved the place so much.
If you are into diving or snorkeling, they have both available on site. We are going back in April to get PADI certified. You can also swim with Dophins!
We travel the Caribbean a lot and have always said that if we found a place that we would want to come back to we would buy a time share there. This is the place! We now have a week and we will be coming back every year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway or for a family vacation. The friendly staff will make you feel right at home and take care of your every need. Whether you decide to relax on the beach or by the pool, join in the fun activity program, try your hand at water sports, visit the world-famous Sea Aquarium right next door to the resort or explore the island, you are sure to enjoy yourselves.The resort has 30 fully furnished Caribbean Ocean View Two Bedroom Master Suites (sleeping six) which can be divided into 30 Ocean View One Bedroom Suites (sleeping four) and 30 Ocean View Junior Suites (sleeping two). We will do everything we can to help you and your family get the most out of your stay on Curacao and we hope that you find the resort information and sightseeing ideas featured here useful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sea Aquarium Hotel
- Royal Sea Aquarium Curaçao
- Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao/Willemstad