We just returned from a fabulous trip to Curacao and stayed at the Royal Sea Aquarium Resort. We did an exchange through Interval International for a 2 bedroom unit. We contacted them right before we arrived and requested a certain location and they bent over backwards to accommodate us. We were thrilled! This was our second stay at this resort.
We received one of the recently renovated units and it was lovely. The kitchen was all new with granite counters and stainless steel sink and appliances. The bed linens have all been updated too and were great. The bed was so comfortable in the master suite….we slept like babies the whole time. The maid service was great too. They changed our towels each day and took out the garbage and on the mid-week cleaning she was there for a very long time cleaning everything! We always had plenty of clean towels without asking.
We had such a good experience here, the staff were so friendly and helpful. The A/C worked perfect, no bugs anywhere, the balcony is one of the best you will ever find at any timeshare resort. The view was to die for! There were quite a few children this time around but it wasn’t too bad. We ate at Augusto’s one night and it was fine, nothing great. The eggplant parmesan I had was so strange! It was just a pile of minced up eggplant and vegetables with sauce. My husband’s grouper was good. Reasonable prices.
There are quite a few large iguanas here around the pool so be prepared if they freak you out! They are quite friendly. There were a few fun activities at the resort, there was a pool party one night with contests and vendors there. Another day they had a lunch time hot dog BBQ with more prizes. Every day they had happy hour at the pool with $3 drinks. Can’t beat that! No pressure to attend a timeshare meeting.
We snorkeled right in the lagoon at the resort and were pleasantly surprised. The water was crystal clear and calm and we saw everything from squid, parrot fish, French grunts, large schools of blue tang, 3 small barracuda, and lots of others. We snorkeled east under the bridge and saw the sharks through the netting at the aquarium. We went all the way to the inlet but the waves were too big there to go out and see the coral forest that is supposed to be there.
We had a rental car and shopped at a variety of stores. We went to Best Buy which had good prices and also at Vreugdenhil which is a very nice store. They are both 5 minutes away by car. We did a lot of self catering so we bought a lot of groceries.
The only comment we have for the resort is that it would be great if you installed gas barbeques instead of the charcoal ones that are there. We used them 3 nights and they were terrible. After an hour and a half we had to put our chicken in the oven to finish it off. The embers from the charcoal flew all over our feet and burned us because of the wind.
We had good weather the whole time we were there, no rain at all. For more details of our activities, see my trip report on the forum.
We had a wonderful trip and loved our stay at the Royal Sea Aquarium Resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway or for a family vacation. The friendly staff will make you feel right at home and take care of your every need. Whether you decide to relax on the beach or by the pool, join in the fun activity program, try your hand at water sports, visit the world-famous Sea Aquarium right next door to the resort or explore the island, you are sure to enjoy yourselves.The resort has 30 fully furnished Caribbean Ocean View Two Bedroom Master Suites (sleeping six) which can be divided into 30 Ocean View One Bedroom Suites (sleeping four) and 30 Ocean View Junior Suites (sleeping two). We will do everything we can to help you and your family get the most out of your stay on Curacao and we hope that you find the resort information and sightseeing ideas featured here useful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sea Aquarium Hotel
- Royal Sea Aquarium Curaçao
- Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao/Willemstad