Spent 2 weeks here in Nov 2013 at this marvelous location adjacent to the Sea Aquarium, offering a private beach and wonderful views of the sea from our bedroom window. The only downside was the onsite restaurant Augusto's (see separate TA review). Not to worry, there are at least 3 very good healthy eating establishments to be found within a short walking distance on turning left through the marina opposite the resort. If dining or partying late, beware the exit gate from the marina shuts at 11pm.
Across the bridge there is also a dive center where you can learn to dive or simply snorkel. For the more adventurous daily diving or fishing trips are available at the quayside. The Caribbean waters here are simply so full of colourful fish that many can be found in the bay on the resort. Just borrow a mask and flippers from reception or you can purchase in the shop at the dive center.
A must to visit is the Sea Aquarium, which has a vast selection of resident fish and mammals. If you have never feed a Sting Ray or swam with Dolphins this is your chance. Another feature of the Sea Aquarium is the Dolphin healing program for the handicapped. It was a very humbling experience for us to witness the painstaking love and care invested by parents to further their child’s physical rehabilitation and mental improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway or for a family vacation. The friendly staff will make you feel right at home and take care of your every need. Whether you decide to relax on the beach or by the pool, join in the fun activity program, try your hand at water sports, visit the world-famous Sea Aquarium right next door to the resort or explore the island, you are sure to enjoy yourselves.The resort has 30 fully furnished Caribbean Ocean View Two Bedroom Master Suites (sleeping six) which can be divided into 30 Ocean View One Bedroom Suites (sleeping four) and 30 Ocean View Junior Suites (sleeping two). We will do everything we can to help you and your family get the most out of your stay on Curacao and we hope that you find the resort information and sightseeing ideas featured here useful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sea Aquarium Hotel
- Royal Sea Aquarium Curaçao
- Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao/Willemstad