“Great Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Willemstad
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
“Great Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We just returned from Royal Sea Aquarium Resort & I had to review it & say how much it made our vacation so nice. I along with husband & 2 teens stayed for a great week! you get free admission to the aquarium & can visit any time when open. There are dolphins & sea lions always within view. The resort is located on its own little island with privacy & no crowds. The beach is really clean & great snorkling right there. The staff was ALWAYS very nice & helpful!! We had a 2 bdrm & plenty of space. We did cook in room a lot since we found the found not too great on island. This resort is well maintained as other reviews have said. If we return we will stay here again!!

Room Tip: We had an ocean view over the pool & loved it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Where do I start from the time I booked my reservation in April up to the day we left. The staff helping me via email and the staff in the resort itself, everyone was helpful, sweet, attentive to our needs and so so very nice. I felt like they were my friends when I left and I didnt want to leave. Our villa was perfect, with perfect views. The weather was perfect sitting at the nice quiet relaxing pool - nice cool breeze. It was my 50th birthday, so it was my birthday vacation and I couldnt ask for anything more perfect. We will definitely go back.The grounds nicely kept, someone was always around maintaining it. I cannot think of a bad thing to say about Royal Sea Aquarium Resort. They offer shuttle service to the supermarket and some restaurants. But they were always willing to call us a taxi and make dinner reservations for us. We were hesitant about not having the pool bar handy, but we made due either going to the restuarant for a drink or making a pitcher of our own bloody marys... I would definitly recommend this restaurant. Now I see why they won their Trip Advisor Awards.

Room Tip: email the resort ahead of time, let them know what you prefer, we were able to get an early check in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just got back from a week stay. Loved it. One bedroom apartment was big, comfortable and fully equipped for a comfortable stay. Staff attentive, grounds well kept, beautiful beach, not big but soo nice. Clear waters, kayaks for rent, good restaurant on premise and another right across . Grocery shopping nearby , hotel has shuttle that will take 8 people, doing two runs per day. Needed help with remote control for tv and someone came quickly. Rented car with d&d rental. Met us at airport and gave us the keys. No waiting at a counter. Visited west punt, big Knopf beach, cas abou beach and porto mari. Loved porto Marie above all. Great snorkeling everywhere.want to go back. Highly recommend the resort and island. Resort quaint and laid back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family of five stayed at this resort in June 2012. It is a lovely place. We had the two bedroom villa. It was very spacious and most importantly, very clean. We had plenty of room to "spread out". The views were beautiful. The front office staff is very helpful. We had several questions about groceries, restaurants and other local places. The proximity to the aquarium is great, the dolphin experience was definitely a highlight of our trip. My children enjoyed the pools in the evening. They were never crowded. Other guests were also very pleasant and friendly.
My only complaint would be a security person going up to my eight year and telling her she could not be there as it is a private beach. Yes, of course, it is private. If you have a question about occupancy, you approach the parents, not the child. Then she basically accused me of lying about being a guest there because in her words, "I don't remember seeing you here any this week". We went back and forth for minute and luckily as I was digging my room key out of our beach bag my husband walked up. She suddenly lit up and said "I remember him, if you are with him it is okay". I found this a little offensive.
That experience aside, the Seaquarium is a very nice place. My family and I will definitely stay there again if visiting Curacao.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Sea Aquarium Resort May 26-June 1, 2012 on a timeshare exchange through Interval International. This is the best resort we have stayed at! We had a fantastic main floor, 2 bedroom villa, opening onto the pool. The views and location were outstanding! Usually I enjoy spending time on the beach, but this trip I fell in love with spending time on the chaise underneath a cabana beside the pool. The resort was in excellent condition (everything was clean and well kept). The entire staff (check-in staff were very helpful and courteous) were great, especially the house keeping staff. We weren't expecting to have the villa cleaned during our stay, but they came daily to restock towels and tidy the entire villa. With directions, we were able to find the supermarket which is very close to the resort. We had packed a number of basic items with us (peanut butter, pancake mix, etc.). We found the prices to be very reasonable in Curacao and downright cheap compared to our vacation in the Grand Cayman last summer (which is why we brought so many items from home this time). We found the drive through the city to Cas Abou beach less than relaxing (poor signage and we had decided to forgo the use of GPS). We went there for the snorkeling, which was good, but we found a spot by the Royal Sea Aquarium Resort that was just as good, if not better (and we didn't have to drive!). It's just along the rocks that are in front of the Sea Aquarium beach. You enter the water at the beach on the Royal Sea Aquarium Resort property and swim across the channel until you are on the outerside of the long stretch of rocks in front of the other beach (the current will take you all along the rocks and you exit the water at end of the Sea Aquarium beach). We just walked back along that beach (much easier than swimming back against the current), and then swam back across to our resort by the Ocean Encounters dive shop area etc. The entire family enjoyed this resort, it's so peaceful and relaxing (there are always plenty of chairs by the pool or beach), and the kids enjoyed walking over to the Sea Aquarium whenever they wanted. Husband and kids also greatly enjoyed the free Wi Fi (nothing like surfing the net while sitting on your beautiful patio by the pool/ocean!). Our only issue arose when we had to check out at 4:30 am for our early morning flight (there is not 24-7 check out as the brochure says), but we called the front desk line to let them know we had left our towels etc. in the room. We then got stuck in a 5 block radius check stop as we were trying to get on the ring road to go to the airport. Traffic was gridlocked and it took us 45 minutes to get through (rather than pulling cars aside they just blocked traffic and had the drivers step out of the cars to be searched). We were shocked to be in the middle of all that at 5:00 am on a Saturday morning. After finally getting through that we then experienced a stressful situation when our car was followed, and at a dark point on the main stretch of the ring road the car pulled beside us and tried to get us to pull over. I told my husband, whatever you do, do NOT pull over. We sped up and soon we were nearing a lighted intersection where at that point the other car gave up and sped past us off the highway. Since I think every police officer was involved in the check stop that was probably an opportune time that criminals take advantage of elsewhere on the island! If you have an early morning or late night flight I would suggest you take a taxi to/from the resort (car rental return at the wee hours of the morning is also non-existent). We would definately visit the Royal Sea Aquarium Resort again. I can't recommend this resort highly enough if you are looking to unwind, relax and enjoy a few good books by the pool!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I LOVE this resort. It is small and gives you the feeling of the home.

The beach - as the most of the beaches in this area of the island - is so-so. If you prefer the pool - than it is a heaven - nice, attractive, quite and pleasant.
Did I mention it is Clean?

Resort offers a lot for their guest: various activities for kids and adults, free Wi-FI, shuttle transport to Punda and a local supermarket, movie, games and book rentals, kayking and snorkeling rentals.

Very helpfull staff. Very pleasant people.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms has "ocean" veiw, some "dolphin academy" veiw. Meniton what...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just returned from a week at this resort and it was very nice. The staff was great. The unit was probably among the cleanest we have ever stayed in and we travel often. There are 2 pools plus a hot tub and a small kiddie pool but all are well maintained. If you are looking for a beach, the one at the resort isn't the greatest but adequate - be sure and bring your water shoes as all the beaches on Curacao are rocky. If you are looking for shopping, Curacao is not your destination - head for St Martin or St Thomas for that BUT I would recommend visiting this island. That said you must visit Punta and Williamsted and walk across the pontoon bridge. Everyone was very nice and helpful, more than I can say for St Thomas. I would definitely recommend the resort. While we had a car several other's we met did not and had no problem getting around. Look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort? Share your experiences!