I took this trip with my dad, my sister, and my best friend. My father owns a timeshare at a Royal Resort in St. Maarten, and they allowed him to exchange for a week here to better accomodate his schedule. My sister, my friend, and myself decided to join him because it also coincided with my birthday weekend.
Although my sister, my friend, and I are all in our 20's we were definitely looking for a place to relax- and the Sea Aquarium resort was that place! From the moment we arrived, we had a wonderful time. Our villa was gorgeous (with wonderful views of the Sea Aquarium). The staff was AMAZING. Marcella, Jioxenne, Tyiesha, and our housekeeper often went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time! We got to taste local nightlife, and even took private Zumba classes (complete with a needed, though not asked for wake-up call one day when we partied a bit too hard) :)
It's a quiet, small resort which meant that we didn't have to deal with large crowds. In fact, we pretty much knew all of the guests that were at the resort by the end of our stay!
Being close to Sea Aquarium beach was great for when we wanted to party. The only downside was that on our first day, people at the beach made us pay an entrance fee even though we were told that we are able to use that beach for free from hotel staff.
The staff was great in providing directions- we drove, and we didn't get lost once! We even drove 3/4 around the island to look at various beaches/sites in one day!
We are desperately trying to get my dad to give up his St. Maarten timeshare and get one here so that we can all come back to our Dushi Sea Aquarium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway or for a family vacation. The friendly staff will make you feel right at home and take care of your every need. Whether you decide to relax on the beach or by the pool, join in the fun activity program, try your hand at water sports, visit the world-famous Sea Aquarium right next door to the resort or explore the island, you are sure to enjoy yourselves.The resort has 30 fully furnished Caribbean Ocean View Two Bedroom Master Suites (sleeping six) which can be divided into 30 Ocean View One Bedroom Suites (sleeping four) and 30 Ocean View Junior Suites (sleeping two). We will do everything we can to help you and your family get the most out of your stay on Curacao and we hope that you find the resort information and sightseeing ideas featured here useful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sea Aquarium Hotel
- Royal Sea Aquarium Curaçao
- Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao/Willemstad