During my visits to Curacao, I have stayed and lived in three different rooms at this property.
I will list the good, the bad, and only the facts.
Room 401 and 402 are not good rooms. From the 3rd floor, you have to climb 16 steps straight up and then a hard left or right to get to the landing of your room. There are no bell men to carry your luggage. Not an easy climb and a pain coming and going. The rooms offer the same views as those on the third floor facing the harbor but these two rooms are very small. No closets (hanging racks from the wall) and a very small bathroom with almost not vanity. Ceiling in the bathroom is roughly 6 feet 6 inches.
Third floor facing the harbor. Normal hotel layout with good size bathroom with big vanities for the ladies. Very noisy on the weekends since most kids and others come to hang out on the plaza below and party until 4:00am.
Third floor not facing the harbor. If you do not plan to spend a lot of time in your room, these are the quietest rooms they offer. Since the hallways are all title, you will here every sound up and down the hallways, but not as much in these.
Wireless internet is offered in the lobby and wired is $10.00 per day in your room. There is no internet center you can use at the hotel. The sign in the pictures is misleading.
Parking is free but there are roughly 18 parking spots. Paid parking lot next door.
Irons are on a first come basis and a $100.00 deposit must be made on your Credit Card.
Your phone can be used if you do another $100.00 deposit.
Refrigerators are free but are limited.
Elevator is very slow and hot.
After checking in, you must go back outside and take the elevator to your floor.
King Beds have dual comforters. Bathrooms have very thin towels put many sets.
Great location for those who want a downtown location. There is no beach. Not even within walking distance. This hotel has great views of the harbor and many shops and restaurants within walking distance.
I have never had any of my rooms vacuumed during my stays. The carpet is old and somewhat dirty in the rooms. No clock, no radio, no coffee maker, and no directions on the web site because as I was told, they do not want you to bring a car.
There are much better hotels on the island but none at this budget price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Curacao Plaza Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Curacao Plaza Hotel And Casino
- Howard Johnson Curacao Plaza Hotel Willemstad
- Howard Johnson Willemstad
- Willemstad Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Curacao Plaza Hotel & Casino Willemstad