I knew I wasn't going to a fancy hotel here - I've been here before. But I liked it last time because they placed me where I reserved, and it's relatively central. This time I got the view of the waterway, over the parking lot, not the ocean view as advertised and booked (for more money). Although I made my reservation months in advance, and I'm a repeat customer, that didn't count for anything. Reception staff were not helpful, wanting to know what's 'wrong' with my room - first, there's no view of the ocean, second, there's no privacy - everybody in the parking lot can see straight into your room once you open the curtain. Also, they kept telling me to come back tomorrow to see if I could change my room - 3 days they said this - I tried to no avail!!
Forgot to mention, they take a $100 deposit as a guarantee in case YOU damage anything.
You can bet your last dollar I won't be coming back here. Restaurant bill can't be signed to the room, the restaurant staff hardly understand English. They told me the breakfast was $7 and when I came to pay it was $17 - sorry! Oh, and the maids took my towel that I left hanging because it didn't need to change, and didn't replace it or the bathmat - 2 days in a row. I had to ask for the fresh towels. You'll notice most of my ratings are high - but I had to be honest about this place. It's not worth the money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Howard Johnson Curacao Plaza Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Curacao Plaza Hotel Willemstad
- Howard Johnson Curacao Plaza Hotel And Casino
- Howard Johnson Willemstad
- Willemstad Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Curacao Plaza Hotel & Casino Willemstad