We stayed at Sunscape for 6 nights for our Honeymoon. They have honeymoon packages starting for guests staying for 7 nights, however they were kind enough to give us some of the extras (dinner by the beach, breakfast in bed) at no charge as soon as we checked in which was great. There were far more pros to this resort than cons. The staff was awesome and extremely friendly, however some of their older rooms could use some updating.
Our first room had an extremely strong smell of mildew. We let the front desk know and they immediately moved us to a new room which was great. It would be great to see the hotel pay a little more attention to that. I'm sure if one room had the issue, there would be others, too.
Our second room was nice. It was on the first floor and had a patio right on the beach. However, there were several cockroaches which I and my wife were not too happy to see. Again, we spoke with the front desk and I let them know we weren't happy with our little visitors and they immediately moved us to a new room. I think with a little more attention payed to the rooms on the first floor where it's very easy for them to get in, it wouldn't be a problem.
Our last room was beautiful. It was a second floor room overlooking the beach. They provided us champagne for our inconvenience.
The pros: The staff! The whole staff treated you not only like a customer, but a friend. "My Pleasure" is a common phrase heard among the staff.
Yvonne in the coffee shop was great and provided us with friendly service early in the morning when we needed our caffeine fix.
Riomar hooked us up with some great drinks at the bar and provided some bar-tending classes along with the Entertainment Team.
Leo, Crazy G, and O'Bryan knew us by name by the middle of the week and would always greet us when we'd see them during the day. They also cut down some coconuts for us so we could try some fresh coconut water...and then ultimately fill them with rum. They went out of their way to make sure our trip was memorable. They were great at getting people involved in the activities.
The entire staff in the World Cafe was also great and extremely attentive to their guests during meal times.
The food was pretty good, too. They had the World Cafe which was the buffet that provided a breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Good soups and delicious fried plantains. There were also 4 other specialty restaurants that provided seafood, italian, hibachi, and steak. The grill was great during the day to get your hamburger, hot dog, and french fry fix.
The cons: Parts of the beach are pretty rocky. Bring water shoes.
I'm sure there were other people that also experienced the same problem we had with cockroaches and mildew so I think a little updating and attention to detail to cleanliness will go a long way.
I would definitely recommend this hotel based on their great customer service and their good accommodations.
A side note- if you choose to take the trip out to Klein Curacao, please note it's not a relaxing ride out there! The trip back to Curacao is easy, but when traveling against the wind and waves it's a little scary. We went on a calm day according to the crew and it was still a pretty intense ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Endless fun in the sun.Enjoy a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino (previous Princess Beach Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino). Located Soutern-western of the Caribbean and just off the coast of Venezuela, the 38-mile long island of Curaçao offers idyllic weather, exquisite beaches, spectacular snorkeling and much more to families, couples, singles and friends. At Sunscape Curaçao all guests will enjoy an Unlimited-Fun® vacation where everything is included from top-shelf spirits and daily refreshed mini-bar, to limitless food and beverages and endless daily activities. Guests can enjoy the on-site dive center at Sunscape Curaçao where they can catch a boat right at the resort to the National Underwater Park and enjoy diving and snorkeling at one of the most popular diving sites in the world. Located just 10 miles from the International Airport Hato and two miles from the capital city of Willemstad, guests can enjoy everything that Curaçao has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Otel, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao Willemstad