“Freindly resort with all-inclusive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao

You added Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao to your Saves list
Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd. 78, Willemstad, Curacao (Formerly Princess Beach Curacao Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Big Fall Savings!
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Willemstad
Meerbusch, Germany
“Freindly resort with all-inclusive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had a nice week stay here
Staff is very friendly, four restaurants to choose your dinner from
Sometimes you have to wait a bit before being seated, except for the buffett at the world restaurant
Rooms are clean and we had a nice view over the ocean
Internet is only in the lobby for 40$ / week and device
First I thought this was gonna be a negative point, but after a day or two it was nice not to have all these e-mails coming in.
There is plenty of wifi on the public beach next to the hotel
Tip: try the free snorkel from the watersport center and go to the rocks opposite the beach: you' ll find a wonderfull seaworld with colorful fishes
To Willemstad you can take the free shuttle or a bus or a taxi for 20$

Room Tip: Ocean view room recommended
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to host you at Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino and we really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. Thank you for choosing as your vacation destination.

We are glad to hear your overall experience was a great one, and you enjoyed every aspect of the resort, specially the staff that always strive to deliver exceptional service.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Should there be anything else we could assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Always at your service,

Jose Corletto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Polish first
cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I visited Sunscape for the forth time and each time it gets worse and worse, this will be our last visit. I sent an email 3 weeks prior to our visit and one week prior to our visit, requesting a specific room. We were celebrating my 60th birthday and had been there three times before so I didn't mind paying extra to get what I wanted. Upon arrival we were told those rooms were not available and were assigned a different room. Getting to the room we found no hair dryer, coffee maker, safe would not work, and the shower was clogged. I tried calling the desk and there was no answer so we stopped by the Oceana bar to see BabyLove and chat with other guests. To our surprise there were only 2 barstools at the bar. We were told they had been broken and never replaced. This was part of the fun there. You could talk to people from other states and countries and we have made good friends in the past. Well no more. It seems as if the new manager doesnt want people to get together.
Next we decided to go to the beach, as it is gorgeous, but had no place to put our belongings as the safe did not work. We waited an hour for someone to come and they never did so I took my purse to the bar for safekeeping.
Finally after flooding the shower and dressing for dinner someone came and put new batteries in the safe. The next day we got the coffeemaker and hairdryer. We thought we might try the pool and swim up bar the next day. When we got there the umbrellas around the pool were all gone except one. The sun is very hot so we did not want to sit in it all day. Thought we would try the swim up bar and there were no drinks or bartender there. They had to fix your drinks upstairs and bring them down to you.
The specialty restaurants we a change from the buffet but it took about 2 hours to have dinner. Thats rediculous. I says no reservations but you had to go stand in line at 6:30 to reserve a spot for the evening.
Several days we went to the Oceana bar as our room was close. It says it opens at 10 but many days no liquor was brought to the bar until 12.
This place has gone nowhere but downhill. SANTA DOMINGO GO HOME. The music usually sets the vibe for the surroundings. All we heard was Latin elevator music. As I said before this will be our last trip to Sunscape Curacao because it is nothing like it used to be.
The beach activities have been taken away except for kayaks and the trapese is also gone.
If you want wi-fi you have to pay extra for it.

Room Tip: It wont matter because they put you wherever they want.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for review posted regarding your visit at Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa and Casino.
We value your feedback on the Trip Advisor. Your feedback will be intensively reviewed with all the departments concerned. However we regret not having received the opportunity to communicate with you while you were present at the Resort. We are confident that any of the Managers or Executives that are here from before and after the changes would have turnaround your dissatisfactions into a pleasant stay as it used to be before.

Our aim has always been to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction. For this reason we have introduced the Unlimited Fun Experience to this property. Attributes like: No reservation needed for none of the specialty restaurants; no bracelets; all rooms consist of a minibar that is refilled on the daily basis; butler service on the Beach for the clients that has booked our Preferred experience.
We have also introduced two new areas where guest can mingle and get to know more people. Therefore we have our Coco Café and the Rendezvous bar.
As a matter of fact we are receiving many excellent reviews on the Social Medias and Trip Advisor.
We are confident that the management has done and still doing their very best and effort in changing the perspective of Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino.

Should you consider giving us another opportunity in the future please feel free to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

Nispen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stay 9 days at the resort and it was good and nice beach to stay at.
Missing point was the availabillity of bar tenders at the pool bar. No service at the pool.
Further food from the buffet is not real warm. beside that, all a-la-cart restaurants are great!!
Real missing point is that they charge money for internet at the lobby.....it is 2014!!!
4-star should have free wifi all over the resort as they have at Mambo Beach, Jan-Thiel bay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino as your holiday destination and we appreciate the time you have taken to post a review of your stay with us.

We thank you very much for all of your feedback, both positive and otherwise, here at our wonderful resort we always take on board the comments left to us by our much valued guests as this is an excellent way of making improvements in the future.

We certainly hope you re-consider and return to us in the future as it would be our pleasure to serve you once again

Best Regards,

J. Corletto
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at over 20 all inclusive in the Caribbean. From the most expensive to the less expensive ones. I would say this is in the middle. The flight went well, transportation was good. We had the preferred club. Private check in was nice. We asked to be moved to oceanfront and they said they would have a room available in 2 days. So we moved to the ocean front room. 8101. We could walk right out to the beach. It was a beautiful view. Room was clean but we did not have washcloths. We had to ask several times. Also our mini fridge was not stocked. All we wanted was some bottled water and soft drinks. Took two days to get the water and soft drinks.
We like to have a bloody mary on vacation in the morning. BUT, it was
like a scavenger hunt for them to make us a bloody mary. Most of the time the bars did not have tomato juice or any of the ingredients to make a bloody mary. We talked to a Preferred Club manager he said they would have one delivered to our room and the bars would have the tomato juice. Never happened. Alcohol was scarce. Had brands we
never heard of. Some days no vodka, some days no rum. We found out that this was their off season. So we were told they cut back on food and liquor.
The food was hit or miss. The buffet was always out of food. Never replenished when trays were getting low on food. The Seafood Oceana Restaurant was very good. Italian was excellent. The steakhouse had great fish and ribs. Wings were outstanding. So we only went to the buffet a few times.
The beach was just gorgeous. Never had a problem getting a chair and hut. Sometimes the guard was not always paying attention to the beach next store where the locals swam. They would try to come over to our beach and one boy did come over and walked through the resort looking at people belongings on the beach. The water was gorgeous a little rocky at some areas but there is openings you can find your way in with little rocks. Snorkeling was fantastic. Beautiful colors of fish.
The staff was superb. Always very helpful and friendly.
It is a beautiful resort that is a work in progress. All they need to do is minor fixings. I would say this is a 3 star resort. We always read the reviews and there were no rats and bugs. Most of the review we read were right about some things. All in all we are beach people and that's what we go for.

Room Tip: Building 8000 or 7000 is a lot quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino. We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for making us part of such a special trip and for sharing your positive experience with others through this forum.

We are extremely happy to read that we were able to fulfill your expectations and that our staff’s friendliness and hospitality, was able to contribute to how good your vacation was.
It was a pleasure to have vacationed with you. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed at Sunscape for 10 days beginning on July 25. Overall, it is a terrific mid-level resort.The snorkeling onsite is very, very, good. We saw all the usual suspects that we saw at 6 other beaches that we drove to. There are even squid. Took me a few days to figure out what they were but they were squid. It is a beautiful property! It is well maintained. They have fixed all of the physical problems that people used to complain about. The rooms are very nice and kept very clean by the cleaning staff. Be aware that putting on makeup or shaving can be difficult due to lighting in the bathrooms in some rooms. The food was excellent at the buffet, the Japanese restaurant, and the Bluewater grill. The food was fair at the Italian place. The Oceana was a disappointment. It's a lovely setting and the wait staff was great but the food was lacking. We left the property and paid to eat some good seafood. We visited obviously in July and there were no lines at check in or problems with having a beach chair. The entertainment crew did a fabulous job and the entertainment was fun. One problem seems to be the 'minifridge' in the room. They only put two beers and two waters and two soft drinks. I realize I can go to the bars and get all the drinks I want...good drinks too BUT I don't like to have to beg for beer for my in room frig. I called front desk, they sent me to room service. I requested six(told that's the limit) beers and 2 waters daily. That happened once. I left a tip in the frig but still back to the 2 beers. You have to realize that these are Polar beers and they are small not full sized like in the states. Problem number 2 upon check in was told no reservations at the restaurants. Okay, but if you don't go at opening which is 6:30 or 6:45 you may not get in. The first group gets in right then, then the next folks in line get a buzzer and you have the second seating. Sometimes at Bluewater you can get in later without a buzzer. I don't have a problem with that BUT don't tell me there are no reservations required. True, you can always eat at the buffet which we did a few times at night. Their Mexican food night was quite good. The staff was not as friendly as it could have been. The lady bartender at Oceana was very nice and Ana and the hostesses at the buffet were very friendly. The gentleman on the desk at 4:30 AM August 4th was super friendly and helpful. Louisa on front desk was very helpful. Overall, It is a super place and we enjoyed it immensely.I will go back someday.

Room Tip: Pelican was nice as was Plover
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to host you at Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino, and we really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination.

We are glad to hear your overall experience was a great one, and you enjoyed every aspect of the resort, such as the food, the Entertainment activities and the attentions provided from our staff who always strives to deliver exceptional service.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Always at your service,

Carnegie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in September 2013 for our honeymoon. Let me start by saying that this was our first experience staying at an all-inclusive resort and our first experience traveling outside of the US. Despite reviews I read at the time of booking, we had no problems with the staff. Everyone was very friendly, helpful, and courteous during our stay. We requested the honeymoon package (included free of charge if you present a wedding invitation or marriage license) and the staff decorated our room with flower petals and candles. We also got a free bottle of champagne and fruit. The food was decent overall and we did not have any excessive waits at dinnertime. I would recommend making reservations, though. The snorkel gear and kayaks were included and the staff did not seem to monitor how long they were rented out for. (There was never a wait for these items either and the process of renting them out was quite simple.) We did two excursions outside of the resort- one trip to Willemstad and a half-day snorkel trip. The trip to Willemstad worked out well; however, I wish we had some guidance on where to go/what to expect there. We just kind of walked around aimlessly, but it was still fun. The half-day snorkel trip was awesome. It was about $60 per person, but lunch, beverages (including alcohol), transportation, and snorkeling equipment was included. The boat went to two different reefs and well worth the money. (The food on the boat was authentic and quite amazing.) The resort and pool were clean overall.

A few reasons for rating it 4 out of 5...on two different days during our stay, there were 3 native boys (ages 12-13?) that swam over from the outside of the resort. I was not bothered by this at first, but they began fishing in the beach area where people were swimming. My husband needed to go to the front desk twice before a security came over and asked them to leave. Additionally, our room seemed somewhat damp during our stay. This could be a combination of the air conditioner, humidity, etc., but it was odd that our clothes seemed a little wet all the time. I did not see any mold or anything in our room. Finally, I did see two live cockroaches in our room. I think they were cockroaches; however, they did not run in the light. These bugs could be native to the country, or perhaps a southern thing? Regardless, I wasn't a fan and it did put a slight damper on our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
South Ozone Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I usually vacation 3/4 times per year and I must say this was the worst. This hotel has no sense of what" Customer Service" is about. The staff never smiles or have any urgency to assist anyone. Very little food selection for an all inclusive, you have to wait in line for plates while they re wash in the kitchen No glasses to drink.Oh and if you need some water or soda you might as well go get in yourself. Hardly any staff and they few that are there behaves like they are doing you a favor. After 4 pm there's no food.The wait time to get dinner is so long at least 2 to 3 hrs and the food was awful too .The only helpful staff were the people working at the front desk and the bartender at" Desire bar".He was extremely nice and made our stay a little pleasant. However the hotel claims that there will be a live Dj from 11 to 2 .The dj comes in download a few songs from YouTube and leaves .I sincerely hope management reads this and work with their issues .Need People skills badly !! If I do decide to visit Curacao again it won't be Sunscape for sure .

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino.
We take every comment received very seriously in order to continue improving our services.
It is regrettable to learn that you encountered several situations during your stay that may have tampered with your vacations. We are sure that if you would have reached out to any member of our management, we would have done anything in our power to change your perspective and assist you in any way possible.
Please rest assure knowing that we are currently working in the points mentioned above in order to significantly improve our services.
Should you consider in giving us another opportunity in future, please let us know. We would be more than glad to host you.

Thank you for your review.

Kind Regards,

Jose Corletto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#1 of 1 in Dorp Sint Michiel
4.0 of 5 stars 310 reviews
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino

Been to Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao? Share your experiences!