“Awesome vacation!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao

Save Saved
You added Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao to your Saves list
Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd. 78, Willemstad, Curacao (Formerly Princess Beach Curacao Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #10 of 27 hotels in Willemstad
Usa, Tanzania
“Awesome vacation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are looking for an all inclusive place to go in Curacao, this is the place to go. Really friendly staff, the entertainment was really good too. Honestly, I thought there could have been more activities during the day, but that is why I gave them a 4 instead of a 5. If you go there make sure you ask for O'Bryan or Johnny if you need anything, he's great. Also, in food services there was a young lady names Danyalisa (sorry if I spelled the name wrong), but very close. She is awesome too and learns your name in just a couple of days. She will help you with anything food wise. The rooms are very clean and very spacious. In each room there is a fridge that is fully stocked with water and soda also. As far as the water and sights in Curacao, they are worth going for. Make sure you bring your snorkel or scuba gear, the fish, octopus, sea anemones, and turtles are worth looking at. Very beautiful!

Room Tip: You get free wifi if you are a preferred guest, so ask about that.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear guest,

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to host you at Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino and we really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination.

We are glad to hear your overall experience was a great one, and you enjoyed every aspect of the resort, such as the food, the entertainment activities and the attentions provided from our staff that strive to deliver exceptional service.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Should there be anything else we could assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Always at your service,

Jose Coletto

1,128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was here a week on a dive trip I wasn't that impressed with the food but it was free and I didn't have to cook it so that made up for it I did enjoy the japonize much more then the itailian I did make some friends with the entertainment guys and they made it more fun when I wasn't underwater which is where I wanted to be most of the time the diving was AWESOME its my new 2nd favorite place next to the great barrior reef I didn't get out much but the 1 day that I did I had a horrible dinner at the governor restaurant in my opinion this place was aces and would go back in a heartbeat

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are extremely happy to read that we were able to fulfill your expectations and that our staff’s friendliness and hospitality, was able to contribute to how good your vacation was.
It was a pleasure to have vacationed with you.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Best regards,

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would like to let you know about our experience at Sunscape Curacao for the week of May 31 – June 7th, 2014. Our transportation from the airport was there when we arrived and it was a short drive to the resort. We arrived and were checked in at the Preferred Club Lounge by a delightful lady and the check in was quick and pleasurable. We arrived a bit late so they took our bags to our room and we headed to the Oceana for a wonderful seafood dinner. After dinner we went to check out our room. We had room 8313, there was a leak coming from the fire alarm and the room had a smell of mildew/mold. My daughter has allergies and I knew we wouldn’t be able to stay there all week. I called the front desk and they quickly moved us to another room and we stayed there the remaining time on our trip.
Now I will get to my concerns as a Preferred Club Member(PCM)
We were told that we would have our own private beach, but found that local people from the other side of the wall would come over and have rough playing in the water along with loud screams and constant loud talking. The security guard would just stand by the wall that separates SunScape from the public side would only stand there and watch the public access people next door swim over into our private area.
We were told as PCM we would have a beach bartender along with international and domestic brands of beverages. There was only a beach bartender for 2 out of the 7 days. We were told they could not leave the bar area to wait on the people on the beach. There was only Amstel Beer available and only some of the bars could prepare certain drinks, they did not have a blender. The swim up bar did not have anyone working that area and you had to call up to the ones working on the ground floor of the bar to ask them for help.
We had several wonderful meals while dining there. We were not told that some of the restaurants would close during the week and we would show up for dinner and that is how we would find out. The room service that showed they would be open 24- 7 would not even answer the phone many times we called. This was a disappointment. Also, we never could find where the snacks were located.
Our mini bar would only get refilled if we called and requested it, this should be checked daily and not when we returned from a day at the beach and wanted a cool bottle of water, only to find we didn’t have anymore. Also, we were told that bottled water could be gotten at any of the bar areas. We ask the bars and were told that they didn’t have any bottled water.
Non-motorized Water Sports, as advertised having:
Windsurfing, Hobie Cats, Pedal boats, Water bikes, these were not listed as additional charges may apply so I thought they would be there onsite…. When I inquired about these I was told they had not had these for months. This was also disappointing, after researching several resorts that we could go to, we choose this one based on these activities and we had been looking very forward to this experience. When discussed with the concierge he said he would get back with me about it. I never heard from him and when I asked someone else at the desk they said they would check with him. I never got a response…..
This was a trip for my daughter’s college graduation so you can see we had saved up for many years and we were looking forward to spending this time with family and enjoying everything you had advertised. At this point I do not feel we received our monies worth based on what you offered in your advertisement and in the book located in our room at the resort.
I would like for you to make a suggestion on how you feel you can satisfy me. I am a person that usually isn’t disappointed in travel arrangements but I can say that this is one that really bothered me and my daughter was upset that the trip wasn’t up to her full expectations based on what she saw on the website and the welcome kit given to us at check.
Yes, we expressed our concerns while there about not having what was advertised but no one could ever give us an answer.....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for review posted regarding your visit at Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa and Casino.
We value your extensive feedback on the Trip Advisor. Your feedback will be intensively reviewed with all the departments concerned.
Our aim is to achieve the best results for all our guest that visit our resort. We are very confident that with your comments will have some clear indication into where we have to place more attention in order to improve our results.

We wish we had the opportunity to contact you while you were staying with us. We are certain that with some correction we could have changed your stay and maybe even make transform it into a positive one.

Once again, thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,

Somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First let me start off by saying Curacao is a nice island to visit and I would suggest everyone go once. Sunscape itself was just ok. Nothing to write home about and I probably wouldn't advise anyone else to visit. The best thing about the resort was the entertainment team. They tried their best to get everyone involved although it didn't happen regularly.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We take every comment received very seriously in order to continue improving our services.
We regret learning that your experience with us was less than perfect. We strive to provide our guest with the highest levels of service and quality possible.

Once again, thank you very much for your review.

Yours sincerely,

Greenbrier, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited the Sunscape Resort June 5-June 13. Check in was easy and the staff was nice. The bell hop was very friendly and carried all our bags to our room. The room was sufficient with a wonderful view. The only issue with the room we experienced was the mattress was very hard and uncomfortable. The dining was nice. Breakfast was a buffet each day with a variety of items to choose from. Lunch was a buffet or a grill. The buffet was nice, however the hamburger at the grill had a very odd taste and texture. Dinner was great. We ate at the steakhouse, seafood, Italian and buffet while visiting. Again, the beef in the Italian dish had an odd taste and texture but the service was great. The service at the other restaurants was also very good. Daynalisa, who staffed the buffet for breakfast and lunch was wonderful. She remembered us by name within two days and was always so nice and inquired about our stay and what plans we had for the day. The beach was very nice, however a bit rocky. I recommend wearing water shoes to protect the bottoms of your feet. My husband spent two days snorkeling and loved it. The pools were clean, unlike other reviewers posts. The nightly entertainment was okay. We were disappointed in the scheduled fire show being cancelled during our stay, but the live music was nice. The spa was excellent. The gym would be better with some air, it gets awfully hot working out! The only thing we did not like was the push to visit a time share presentation from the concierge. Checking out was quick and easy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Yours Sincerely,

Lisbon, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my husband and I's second trip to this resort within 10 months. We went there for our honeymoon in Sept 2013 and returned with our 16 year old children in June 2014. We are totally in love with the Island and the resort. Norma the bartender at the Oceana is fantastic Angela at the preferred clubs bar is spectacular, Chu Chu the recreation coordinator was awesome and the girls at the spa were great the even coordinated an appointed with us prior to arrival. Kurt the rooms manager exceeded all of our expectations. There were many others; servers, bartenders and cooks that were just awesome. I would recomment this resort to everyone I know. In fact I do. The rooms and water were fantastic. Room Service did a fantastic job with keeping supplies and the rooms clean. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I would live here if I could and work at the resort. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our kids couldn't understand why my husband and I were always talking about it; NOW THEY CANT STOP TALKING ABOUT IT and of course asking when can we go back. They want to go back for a month for their graduation gift!!!! Brett and Kelly Clingerman OHIO, USA

Room Tip: Ocean View top floor if you can do the steps
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino. We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for making us part of such a special trip and for sharing your positive experience with others through this forum.

It was a pleasure to have vacationed with you.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first time staying at an all-inclusive resort and we were very satisfied.

We really enjoyed the restaurants and the food was much better than we expected. We ate at all the restaurants for dinner and had the dinner buffet one night. The dinner buffet was unimpressive, but the restaurant food was simple and good.

The resort staff were fantastic and always attentive/friendly.

The beach is nice with some good snorkeling. I recommend renting a car and exploring the island. (Note: If you do rent a car, get the GPS. Routes are not obvious because many of the roads do not connect to each other, making getting around maze-like.) We went to some other beaches and they were all beautiful!

The room was spacious, clean, and updated with good views.

I didn't use the gym because I either ran or ocean swam in the morning.

My only complaint is that the only available wi-if was in the lobby. Also, there was NO electrical outlet in our bathroom, and the only electrical outlet near a mirror in the bedroom was a European outlet. In short, bring an adapter.

I'm giving the resort five stars for the excellent service and what you get for the price. This is about as good as it gets in this price point!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino.

It has been an honor to be part of your visit and we feel really proud and grateful to learn that it turned out a memorable trip.

Knowing that our guests enjoyed their overall stay and want to come back, keep us motivated and is the reason why we keep on looking for better ways to please our guests.

We look forward to keep indulging you in the service standards.

Best Regards!

Jose Corletto

Been to Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao? Share your experiences!