“Spoiled by the Sunny Sunscape Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao

You added Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao to your Saves list
Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd. 78, Willemstad, Curacao (Formerly Princess Beach Curacao Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Willemstad
Baltimore, Maryland
“Spoiled by the Sunny Sunscape Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Our first inclusive resort experience ever and I now understand why so many travelers choose this type of travel .The kind staff made us feel completely welcomed from the moment of arrival.The entertainment crew ,especially Johnny R and O'Bryan, made the effort to involve us in the resort activities and answered our questions about their culture and country.The professional entertainment was diverse.I especially enjoyed the Carnival Parade!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an ocean view room for the expansive room size,balcony, and view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

We are very happy to know your experience was truly a wonderful one, and we thank you deeply for choosing us. It was a pleasure to host you, but even more pleasant to hear how much you enjoyed every aspect of the resort. Consider Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino your new home away from home.

We really appreciate the time you've taken to share this amazing experience. Our mission has always been to provide our guests with the exceptional services they deserve by taking utmost care of each and every one of their needs.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

If there is anything else we could assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Jose Corletto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was a beautiful all inclusive resort. It was perfect for a laid back vacation. The staff were polite and catered to your every need. When something didn't meet your liking, they went out of their way to make it up in other areas. All you want: romantic dinners on beach, private beach, snorkeling, diving, canoeing, casino, and much more.

Room Tip: Preferred rooms are better but music from bands and DJ is loud in evening.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Graz, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino is the excellent place to have a good time in Curacao!
We loved the animation program that was offered, and the food was delicious.
Our room with sea view was very big and also the bathroom wasquite big comparing to other hotels. We also loved the huge variety of cocktails and the nice private beach.
We definately want to come back there in the future!!!

Room Tip: Book the room with sea view on the upper floor - it's definetely worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Our main goal is to meet and exceed our guests' expectations, and we are very happy to know that we did so. We always want guests to feel just like you: right at home.

Thank you for your kind words and for your honest opinion about us.

We are looking forward to receiving you once again in a near future. And please let us know when you decide to come back to us.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Fresh off of a 5-night stay at Sunscape Curacao with a large group of 14, I am extremely thankful for our experience. The resort was aesthetically appealing, clean and properly staffed with INCREDIBLY KIND, PLEASANT PEOPLE. Denise was extremely warm and sweet in the Preferred Lounge and made sure all accommodations were top notch. Daynalisa and Milagros were as welcoming and delightful as they could be and made trips to the cafe a joy. John made sure we had no worries through the course of our day as far as down time and Leo was part of the entertainment staff, using his jovial spirit to ensure we enjoyed ourselves. The entire crew was very personable.

Our rooms were always properly cleaned and tended too. Staff members checked the pools and hot tubs to ensure the water remained clean. Workers would always stop you and check to ensure that you had everything you wanted and needed. We were able to take full advantage of the resorts offerings in terms of water sports, food, restaurants, the Casino and the disco and never had any issues.

The buffet style food at times could have been hotter, but thats normal for buffet style meals and I had no real gripes with my meals. Dinner on the beach via the Oceana Restaurant was a standout that we really enjoyed. Late night entertainment could be picked up a bit for those who like to stay up later, given that the pools close and the disco facility is under-promoted. But thats just a minor thing if I had to offer anything in need of improvement. For us, it was a great stay and a classic, unforgettable time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment about us. It finds us with great joy to know that you had a wonderful time with us and enjoyed all the aspects of your vacations.

I will make sure to let the employees mentioned know that they helped make your vacations even better than they were.

It was an honor having you here and we hope you decide to visit us in the near future.

York, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

First, some background. This is my 5th all-inclusive - two prior in Jamaica, one in Mexico, and one in the Dominican. I’ve also been on 2 cruises. So I’m not an expert, by any means, but I have some history to compare things to.

I traveled with my boyfriend. We’re both mid-30's, both professionals. This was his first all-inclusive.

We did not pick this resort, but tagged along when some friends booked the trip.

First off, if you are expecting the uber-luxurious resorts of the Caribbean, this probably isn’t what you are looking for. That doesn’t mean we didn’t have a great time - because we absolutely did - but it’s very different from past resorts I’ve been to.

The resort itself is very small. You can walk from one end to the other in just a few minutes. It doesn’t have the landscape that I’ve seen before. There are palm trees, of course, but not a lot of flowers and other tropical plants. So it’s not necessarily “pretty” to look at.

There are two different sides to the resort. The tower has the newer, remodeled rooms. The other side, where we stayed, has smaller, not-yet-renovated rooms. We spoke to one couple that was in the tower and asked to be moved to where we were, because there was a lot of noise in the tower. We spoke to another couple who asked to be moved from where we were to the tower because the room was too small for their liking. So I suppose it really depends on what your priorities are - quiet, small room or big, loud one? We had booked an ocean view room and did not try to move.

ROOM: as previously mentioned, was very small. There was a king-sized bed (I thought it was comfortable, but a little on the hard side), a love seat, a small table with one chair, a dresser, and two night stands. The room was definitely showing it’s age. The floor tiles were chipped and the paint job was a little shoddy. These things don’t bother me, so I hardly noticed (except to take notes for this review!) but you’ll be disappointed if this is important to you. The bathroom - no tub (sad face) but seemed to have been renovated more recently than the room. The shower had great water pressure, and never a problem with hot water that I’ve heard other people mention (although the temperature changed a lot and I had to learn to adjust frequently to keep it at a reasonable level). The bathroom is also very small - the door hit the toilet when opened, definitely not room for two people to get ready at once. There were no towel holders, but there was plenty of spaces to put one. I would have been more inclined to reuse towels if I had some place to put the wet ones! Toiletries provided were shampoo, lotion, bars of soap, and a shower cap. The towel situation was strange - the first day we had 2 wash clothes, 2 hand towels, and 3 towels (which was what we needed). The second day, we had no wash clothes, no hand towels, and 2 towels. Then for the rest of our stay we got 1 fresh wash cloth, no hand towels, and 2 towels. I don’t understand the rhyme and reason, but we made do and didn’t complain or ask for anything different. The beach towels (plenty available at the towel hut) that made it back to the room with us each day were never taken - we had quite a hoard after a few days and had to take them back to the hut ourselves. We had a decent-sized balcony (the AC did not turn off when the door was open, which we’ve seen before) with a table and two incredibly uncomfortable chairs. They provided a drying rack on the balcony, which was appreciated and got a lot of use from us. Our view was directly over Oceana, one of the restaurants, but remained pretty quiet. We had a pool in front of our view, too, but was only used by anyone on 1 day out of the 7 we were there - so if you want a quiet pool to read at, would probably be a good place to try. We were on the third floor, and there was no elevator. The AC worked incredibly well. We asked the maid for a blanket (yes, there is only a sheet on the bed) because I got cold, and it was provided immediately. There is a small fridge with 2 waters, a coke, diet coke, sprite, and 2 beers (and one day we got an OJ). Bottom line on the room - fine for us since we didn’t spend much time there.

FOOD: Overall, it was pretty good for an all-inclusive. Breakfast is only available at the buffet, and the food was pretty typical of what I’ve grown to expect. There was an omelet station, and then all the “usual” breakfast food. We ate at the buffet (a rather small buffet, btw) for one night at dinner and I had difficulty finding something I liked. Nothing terrible, nothing great. However, all the restaurants we went to - Himitsu twice, Oceana and the Bluewater Grill, we very much enjoyed our meals. Himitsu is the hibachi restaurant, and was our favorite. No fried rice - instead it is fried noodles. They serve miso soup, two small pieces of sushi and tempura vegetables as an appetizer. Then you get the fried noodles with beef, chicken, fish (grouper), and shrimp. No dessert. Oceana is the seafood restaurant (there is nothing on the menu that isn’t seafood) and we enjoyed our meal there as well. And Bluewater Grill - I was pleasantly surprised with how good the steak was (and the chimichurri sauce was so good I had to ask for extra). Bluewater Grill turns into the snack stand at lunch time, with burgers, hot dogs, and fries. We did not try the Italian place. There is an ice cream window next to the buffet, which I wouldn’t have known about but for asking a fellow guest where they got it from - it is NOT well marked. Additionally, there is a coffee stand that also has cakes. You won’t go hungry. Overall, I was pleased with the food.

BEACH: There are parts that are very rocky, so bring water shoes. Although there are a few places where you can enter the water that aren’t so bad. No seaweed whatsoever, which was really nice. The beach is big with plenty of chairs available. There is a man-made rock wall which keeps the waves at bay and makes for great snorkeling. Seriously, the snorkeling was the best I have ever seen (and have paid good money for snorkeling excursions in the past...this was free and you didn’t have to travel to do it!). We brought our own gear but I understand it is available at the dive shop. We ventured out past the rock wall (against the advice of the dive shop) and saw amazing coral...just stay close to the rocks so you don’t get hit by a boat! We saw lobster, lion fish, puffer fish, some sort of spotted leopard fish, and lots of others. We would return just for the snorkeling alone. Don’t miss it.

STAFF: For the first time, I don’t have much to say about the staff. No one really stood out to us, and they mostly left us alone. The entertainment staff was next to invisible. I’m used to them constantly bugging me to play in their games, but that didn’t happen here. We didn’t seek them out, either, so we just never interacted with them. One time, I think, we were asked to come to their foam party but they quickly moved on. It was refreshing, but different than what I’m used to. The photo shop guy, Gigio, talked to us one day and we did not take him up on his offer of a free photo shoot...but after looking at his photos of other people, I’m regretful that we didn’t - they were BEAUTIFUL. The front desk staff was helpful when we needed them. Our housekeeper was invisible, but did a nice job. The waitresses were always kind, but nothing that stood out. (We always got drinks promptly, which I noticed in a few reviews seemed to be a problem.)

A few random things - if you’re traveling to/from the U.S. on one of the twice-daily American Airlines flights, there is a shuttle to/from the hotel for $30 a couple. This is cheaper than a cab, which is $40.

There is a free daily shuttle twice daily to/from Willemstad. Just sign up in the lobby the day before.

The casino is ok, just know it is owned/operated by a separate company so food and drinks are NOT free within the casino.

Please feel free to ask me any questions on something I may have missed. Overall, we had a great time and informed consumers will be pleased as long as they know what to expect. This place doesn’t hold itself out to be 5 stars, and it isn’t. But I would recommend it to friends and would return but for the fact that we don’t travel to the same place twice.

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience, and at the same, provide your feedback, which we take very seriously in order to improve ourselves everyday to be able to offer you the exceptional services you deserve. We thank you deeply for choosing Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino as your vacation destination. It was a pleasure hosting you.

Your satisfaction has always been our number one priority and that's the reason our staff members go far out of their ways to make sure you're enjoying yourself at all times. We constantly strive to make our guests feel like home.

Should you require any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hotel was undergoing some upgrades so there was some construction activity, but our all-inclusive pkge was well priced, so you go with the flow.
Only real criticism was there was no free Wi-Fi. Cost to rent was crazy.
Our package included free daily scuba-dive! Great diving off the beach breakwater - awesome corals & fish. Snorkelling was excellent.
Nicely spread out facility.
Food was nothing special at either the buffet or the restaurants on site.
Rent a car and hit some of the beaches around the island. Take a snorkelling/dive cruise - the underwater scenery is great.
Found prices in Willemstad expensive compared many places, such as Phillipsburg, St Maarten. Booze/cigars not cheap. Town is good place to walk around.
My wife & I enjoyed Curacao and the resort. We'd probably go back again for the diving on-site and to do more off-site diving as there was so many places to go.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to host you and we really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. Thank you for choosing as your vacation destination.
We are glad to hear your overall experience was a great one, and you enjoyed every aspect of the resort.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Should there be anything else we could assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Always at your service,

Jose Colretto
Levelland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The entertainment every day is very fun, there is something for everyone to do. The location is beyond beautiful and the staff is always waiting on you hand and foot. The resort goes right along with the perfect beach.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely comments about your recent vacation and for all your compliments. It is so rewarding to learn you fully enjoyed our hotel.
We would love to welcome you back home in the future, so that you can relive experience again.

Jose Corletto

Been to Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao? Share your experiences!