We just got back from our perfect honeymoon at the Sunscape resort in Curacao. Because of this website and some poor reviews, we nearly cancelled our reservation for another place on the island about a month ago. We are so glad we didn't! It was perfect and honestly the only place I would've enjoyed staying.
Location: during my stay on the island I had a chance to check out some of the alternatives when we met for an excursion at the Marriot and the Hilton. I am so glad we didn't opt for anything down this way. The atmosphere, scenery, and environment is so much better at Sunscape. The Marriot/Hilton did not have beaches on the water, but sand like in a playground. The water was deep and dark inside a bay which gave the impression of a lake moreso than the clear sky blue beautiful ocean view from the Sunscape. To top it all off, the snorkeling at Sunscape is phenomenal. Just off the beach, on either side of the rock wall you see in pictures- you will find so many fish and coral reef you will be blown away all week. If you swim out a little further, you will find the drop off. I will be posting a YouTube video as soon as I can put together all of my fish footage that you can search out. Some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, right at their doorstep.
The resort itself is very well run. Either management has drastically improved everything in recent months, or what I have come to realize after staying there a week is- guests are rude. My only complaint from my week, was about the other guests. Many did not know the concept of a line, or recognizing a line, and waiting in one for your turn. Others were very rude to the staff for the most petty and unreasonable things. I honestly felt sorry for workers who had to put a smile on their face and put up with how they were treated. My experience all week was nothing but top grade service. We were not paying for 5 star accommodations, but they certainly strive for 5 star service. Some people seem to forget they aren't paying $600/night.
Food: The world cafe (informal common buffet) offered plenty of variety to stay interested all week. The lunches outside or at the cafe were nice and informal and quick while taking a break from the beach and sun. We loved that there was no limit to restaurant visits for dinner. As noted by the resort, this policy creates some lag and wait periods during peak hours. We avoided peak hours and never had to wait a moment, and never had an issue. One evening we ended up eating at peak 8pm and it did take a while, as expected. We watched numerous guests around us throw fits and storm out, and it was really a shame. You know what you're getting into by eating at 8pm so why get upset? It's a shame really. And the drinks are still free while you wait :)
Rooms: Rooms were great. I only saw the Pelican and Flamingo building but they were both nice and newly renovated. View was great. Clean. No issues. The security deposit box was free and easy to use. Maids took perfect care of the room, delivering everything they should be. Times for cleaning room varied, but we weren't in the room during the day anyways.
Honeymoon: The resort went way above and beyond making sure our honeymoon was perfect. Champagne waiting for us in the room upon arrival. Banner across the door. Private dinner on the beach. top notch.
Tips: Water shoes are nice to have for your time on the island in general. It is not always necessary at sunscape though because they have stretches of beach that are pretty clear, and once you get out 20 feet, no matter where you are, the floor bottom becomes amazingly clear.
Buy and bring your own snorkel/goggles for $15 before going and you will definitely get your money's worth. It just makes life a lot easier than using the resort's and returning within the hour. Most times you will want to be out there longer than that. Flippers were never an issue to take out.
Something I never considered was bug spray and anti-itch cream. I spent the late nights sitting on the beach and watching the ocean in the moonlight, but my feet and ankles got bit up pretty badly by mosquitoes or sand fleas. I wish I had bug spray and itch cream because the bites were bad by end of week.
Conclusion: Sunscape was perfect for us and made for the perfect honeymoon. 100% recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Endless fun in the sun.Enjoy a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino (previous Princess Beach Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino). Located Soutern-western of the Caribbean and just off the coast of Venezuela, the 38-mile long island of Curaçao offers idyllic weather, exquisite beaches, spectacular snorkeling and much more to families, couples, singles and friends. At Sunscape Curaçao all guests will enjoy an Unlimited-Fun® vacation where everything is included from top-shelf spirits and daily refreshed mini-bar, to limitless food and beverages and endless daily activities. Guests can enjoy the on-site dive center at Sunscape Curaçao where they can catch a boat right at the resort to the National Underwater Park and enjoy diving and snorkeling at one of the most popular diving sites in the world. Located just 10 miles from the International Airport Hato and two miles from the capital city of Willemstad, guests can enjoy everything that Curaçao has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Otel, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino - Curacao Willemstad