“2 Blue Marlin in 4 hours” 5 of 5 stars

5999-5118671
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Come experience the thrill of deep sea fishing off the coast of Curaçao! Fish for Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo and Tuna with (tournament winning) Captain Gordo on a 45 ft Hatteras sport fishing yacht. Whether you’re an experienced off shore pro or planning your first deep sea fishing trip, Fish Curaçao is the best place to go. If you prefer a more relaxing activity you can also book a private beach-, snorkel- or sunset trip.
Hamilton, Canada
“2 Blue Marlin in 4 hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Talk about giving a boot to the ol' bucket list. Some friends and I went out to try our hand at deep sea fishing. I wasn't really sure what to expect, at worst a nice boat ride under the hot sun. Well, I got way more than I could have imagined. About 45 minutes into our boat ride Captain Gordo yells out "Blue Marlin!" and 18 minutes later, we reeled in a 240lbs blue marlin. High fives all around as we knew that catching the big fish is never a sure thing. Still quite high from our big catch, I spotted a dorsal fin and yelled "Blue Marlin!". The captain was quick to start reeling. Soon my friends and I were sharing the fisherman's chair, taking turns at trying to bring our new catch in. This guy was nothing like the last - he fought the warrior's fight. Close to three hours later, we finally brought him in, all 400lbs. What an afternoon. Thanks Captain Gordo for the great experience. Neil Bouvier, Hamilton, ON, Canada

Visited April 2013

Giddings, Texas
“Awesome trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked an all day fishing trip with Captain Gordo June of 2011. There were 8 of us. Unfortunately, 3 of our group became very seasick. Cpt. Gordo accommodated them by dropping them off on Klein Curacao, and then taking the rest of us fishing around the island. We sooo appreciated him doing this for our sick ones. As for us fishing, we caught several black fin each, and had a wonderful time. On the way back to the hotel, lines out the entire time, one of our sick ones snagged a large wahoo. Perfect way to end the perfect day. Would highly recommend Captain Gordo. In fact, we will be fishing with him in June again this year. Can't wait!!

Visited June 2012
Willemstad, Curacao
“excellent trip to the Aves Islands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We booked Papucho IV with Captain Gordo for a 4 days trip to the Aves Ilands in March 2013. The seas were very rough and it was quite an adventure to get to the islands, but we had such a good time together. The yacht, the captain, the food, everything was so very well organized. We have been fishing a few hours at the islands and caught 15 wahoo's, about 10 baracuda's and dozens of tuna's. At night Gordo and his mate cooked the fish and we loved it very much. Gordo is a good captain, a good fisherman but above all a very nice guy!!! we will definitely come back and fish again with Gordo. thanks again!!

Visited March 2013
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just had an awesome time fishing. Captain gordo and his crew were just awesome. We stayed at Santa Barbara plantation. We were pickup right from the dock in front of the beach. We caught 36 lbs mahi mahi. We recommend him 100 percent

Toronto, Canada
“Captain Gordo Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My son and I have fished in over 10 different waters around the world and Captain Gordo ranks the best all-around Captain bar none.
Captain Gordo started commercial fishing Curacaos waters as a young boy and never stopped fishing, this shows in his skill as a Captain and fishermen.
He and his mate make one of the best fishing teams I have experienced and there were many.
He knows more about catching Marlin, Wahoo, and a variety of other fish, works harder, runs a stable, mechanically fit vessel and is more humble, personable, knowledgeable, and professional than any captain I have encountered in my 40 years of fishing.
My son and I fished for three days in very rough seas and there was never a point at which we would have done anything differently. We have owned a 40 Egg Harbor Sport Fish for the last 30 years so we know a good Captain with a stable vessel, who knows his waters when we fish with one.
We caught 2 Marlin in the plus 250 lb. range, a number of wahoo, tuna, bull head dolphin and other local fish. The marlin were caught and released with a skill and professionalism I had not seen in other waters.
We traveled one end of the Curacao Island to the other end, working spots close in and depths of 2500 feet off shore. We landed and released one Marlin less than 500 yards from our hotel room with my wife watching from the dock. We then picked her up, had a harbor tour and had lunch on one of the Wahoo from the previous days catch, arranged by Captain Gordo at the yacht club and prepared perfectly by the clubs chief, a nice end to three days of perfect fishing.
If you want real sport fishing Captain Gordo has to be one of the best and we will be back.
Errol Davis Audiologist