“Amazing lobster” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tallahassee, Florida
“Amazing lobster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had the lobster special. Three pound lobster removed from the shell and cooked with onion, peppers, garlic and butter. Tender and fabulous flavor. Wait staff was attentive. Good wine list. Great atmosphere on the water.

Detroit, Michigan
“Amazing open air, sea side dining!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Perla Del Mar is a few blocks from the main drag and is right next to the ocean. It's so close to the sea that the table next to ours moved because they were getting wet. Our waiter asked us several times if we too would like to move but we stayed put. We were loving it!! My Wife ordered the seafood risotto But for a few dollars more they made it all shrimp. I ordered a seafood plate and WOW did it come with a mix of ocean creatures. Our dinners were way more than both of us could eat. Our waiter Nicholas is a nice young man and was very attentive. Perla Del Mar was a great place to spend our last night on this wonderful Island.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Not Recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We went here for a nice family dinner on the water. $125.00 later for three people with no wine and a kids meal, I had the worst lobster of my life. I have no idea how it was prepared (impossible to tell it was so dark at the table) and was very chewy. I had to ask for a cracker for the lobster arms. The waitress was just rude to be blunt. It felt as soon as we were not ordering any alcohol she got pretty snippy. We only saw her twice the entire evening (which is actually a blessing). For the amount of money we spent you would at least expect a soup and a salad with our entrees, but I was provided a rather small lump of coconut rice with my lobster and that is it. My wife was provided a small plate of veggies with her shrimp. If you decide to go here, ask a lot of questions and make sure you know what your getting. I felt cheated when I left. Not sure why I even left a 20% tip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sunrise, Florida
“Nice food... Nice view.... But.... Spotty service and over priced....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I love coming to Curacao for the restaurants. I tried this one and I can say good and bad. Let's start with the good.... food was great.... The seafood soup was delicious and the deep fried whole snapper did not disappoint. Now the bad... Price, if your are going to charge more then you have to back it up with great service and great food. Service was somewhat difficult to rate even satisfactory. I felt I had to get their attention every time. So either lower the prices or step up on the quality of service....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Culpeper, Virginia
“Amazing seafood risotto in a picture perfect setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We heard from a few people at our resort that we should try Perla Del Mar while we were in Curacao. They were right, and this restaurant does not disappoint! It is located just a little out of the main town of Willemstad; just far enough to not be in the middle of it all but in a very cool location - tucked into an old fort where they use the old arches as dining rooms, kitchens, shops, etc. I had the seafood risotto which I had to have taken away from me before I ate enough to make me ill. Others I went with had the seafood platter and a meat platter...everyone raved. You can eat in or outdoors and we were lucky enough to get a table at the waters edge where waves were coming right up to the rocks. We will be back and look forward to great food and service again!