“Food and Service was really BAD” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, International, Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Food and Service was really BAD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food took forever and was not good, they did not bring drinks, forgot drinks, we sat there without drinks and food after waiting forever... every 5 minutes a new server - one said the last round was on the house - well that was a lie, it was on the bill of course...
We where disappointed in the whole experience...
Go somewhere else if you want a good time....
Oh, sorry, I almost forgot, wayyyyyyy overpriced.....

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
PirateBay, Marketing en Event Manager at Pirate Bay Beach Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

I'm sorry that your experience with Pirate Bay was a disapponinted. Thank you for your review, we will work on the service en communcation.

We hope one day you will come back to enjoy the service, the great atmosphere and good food.

Marketing en Event Manager

• Polish first
Curacao
“Perfect place for a few beers, go elsewhere for a good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Long time ago I had a terrible (Christmas) dinner experience at this place when it was still called 'Hook's Hut'.

This time things went much better. Reception and service were friendly and reasonably fast, seating was perfect on the beach with tables lit by candles. Also the roofed part of the restaurant had a very nice caribbean atmosphere and I loved the nice bar.

Due to the candle lights, it was almost impossible to read the menus. I find it strange that the restaurant does not provide flash lights with the menus, as guests are now breaking there eye balls over the menus in the dim light of their cellulars. No, I do not want to change the candles for brighter lights as they are part of the great atmosphere, just help the guests when studying the menus.

Food I ordered, a Ceasar salad only, was ok but nothing special and quite small. My friends liked the snapper fish and found the spare ribs ok. I took a bite of the spare ribs and did not like them as they were more bone than meat. But I may be spoiled, as I had the best spare ribs of the world in Eats/Legendz on Grand Cayman where the meat, covered with a delicious sauce, just fell of the white bones. Taking into consideration that there is not much light on the beach tables of Pirate Bay Restaurant, it is hard to finish your spare ribs when little meat is hard to seperate from much bone.

Further, Pirate Bay management is quite cheap on the potatos. We received a small cup and asked for the other two but were informed that the one cup was for three. So we had to order extra.

Conclusion: go Pirate Bay Curacao for a few cold drinks and enjoy the great atmosphere, but if you are hungry or in for some good food go elsewhere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere good times with lotsa good memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I used to come here often while attending school and it's a great place just to wind down, relax, take in the fresh sea air, and great food and service with first class hospitality. I remember coming here with my friends every so often and just chilling. The food is tasty and made fresh, priced great, and the overall atmosphere is wonderful. Service was first rate and the servers were attentive to the needs of the guests. I would recommend this place for great food at a descent price to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hello,
I know this restaurant from the past "Hooks Hut" that was really good. A few years ago it's became Pirate Bay with a new owner. The menu is now very limited and no more local dishes. The fishsoup is very sauer and isn't good as in the Hooks Hut time... I think if you know the old style of the restaurant, you don't like the new style! So we won't be back!

Visited October 2013
Trinidad
“Stopped in for a snack”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

While on honeymoon, my husband and I found ourselves in the Piscadera area and stopped in at the Pirate Bay. We had plans for dinner so we just had a plate of nachos. It was just okay, but we didn't eat a full meal, which would probably have been nicer.

Visited September 2013