“Good food, mojitos and entertainment” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 139 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Telephone: (5999) 462 2200 Location: Waterfort Arches 54, Willemstad CURACAO (not aruba, no option for curacao) Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-Congas-Cuban-Restaurant/101517206553811 Lo
Pittsburgh
“Good food, mojitos and entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We arrived early at 530. happy hour the mojitos were 2 for the price of one, and theuy were excellent. I had the ropa vieja, andmy wife had the shrimp stuffed Snapper. The Sanpper was great, I would have preferred more flavor from the ropa vieja but it was well prepared.
A Cuban band played and we stayed an hour just to listen to the band because they were very good.

The waiters were very polite, and they did not hassle you to buy more drinks etc. while we listened to the band.

The ropa vieja, Snapper 4 mojitos and dessert cost $87

Visited October 2012

Houston, Texas
“Great outdoors atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great service. They are only open for dinner, at the Waterfront Arches. They have live music. I ordered the Stuffed whole fish. It was a great presentation but hard to eat. Had all the bones still in it. Was supposed to be stuffed with shrimp and vegetables but I only found 2 shrimp and lots of onion. So, I wish I would have ordered something else. Because it was pricey. However, the croquettes were great.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Borage
“Lovely Restaurant, very nice personnel, nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We enjoyed the restaurant Mr. Congas a lot. Good food, great live music, and very very nice personnel. They give you the feeling you are appreciated to come to eat and that don't take that for granted. Prices are good.
This was our favorite restaurant on the Island, next time we will come to Curacao this is the first restaurant we will come to eat. Thank you Kimberly, Candela, Angelica and Yeye for your hospitality, the smile on your faces and the good service. All the best for you, warm regards, Iwan and Belinda

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ozone Park, New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great food great service great Cubans..definitely give this place a try. A little hard to find but worth the search

Visited June 2012
Ea, Spain
“Expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

After reading the reviews I was very excited when two colleagues suggested we have a dinner meeting at Mr. Congas. After having our order taken by an uneventful waitress I was slightly disappointed by the food, which was tasty, but nothing I could not make at home myself and the portions (which were not particularly big for the price you pay, but to me sufficient). The price was steep; for a fresh lemonade, two glasses of tap water, (one of the least pricey) entrees and a shared tres leches dessert I paid 94 guilders including tip. The owners seem very friendly, nice people. That night there was no live music, something that our hosts highly recommended. Not bad, but not somewhere I will willingly return if I have a choice.

• Visited May 2012