“A few additions would be nice” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Curacao Airport Hotel

Curacao Airport Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Willemstad
Curacao Airport Hotel
F.D. Roseveldtweg 524, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Ranked #26 of 27 hotels in Willemstad
“A few additions would be nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have stayed here on occasion while staying in Curacao and the hotel can use a few additions such as hot water, internet in the rooms. The people are super friendly and very nice and helpful. It's in front of the airport runway so you can see airplanes taking off and landing which is pretty cool at the bar. It has a swimming pool which is nice and just about everyone speaks english. The rooms can be better but I had a good nights sleep. There is not an airport taxi considering the airport is a bit of a distance but a taxi can be called and will be available at a moment's notice.
The additions that would make this hotel nice would be hotel wide wifi, hot water, better upkeep of the hotel. Other than that its a good place to stay for short periods of time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Add to stay there the day prior my departure , The smell from the bedroom was a bit odd,and the cleaness of the bathroom disappointing.Some hair was still in the sink when I got in but like I said he was just for one night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The best thing going for this hotel is that it is close to the airport. It's close enough to walk, but we were warned by the front desk that it is not safe to walk at night. Although our room was not dirty, it was very run down, and we didn't want to take our shoes off, or put our bags on the floor. Speaking with some other guests, their room was dirty, with even the bar of soap in their room already unwrapped and used.

Things to know:
- No bottled water can be purchased either at the casino or the hotel bar.
- The only food you can get late at night (but before 10pm) is lukewarm hot dogs at the casino.
- The casino is very small and was quite smoky while we were there, eating our lukewarm hot dogs...
- The bed sheet was just wide enough to cover the top of the mattress.
- The hotel bar will give you the password to the wifi if you purchase something.

If you have already decided to take a taxi from the airport to get to a hotel, I'm sure you would be able to find a better hotel further away that is much more pleasant for a comparable price.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
POS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I got stranded in Curacao after my flight was delayed. This was the closest hotel to the airport, and a modest $75 a night. The hotel lobby looks well maintained. Then you head down a corridor on your right, and up a carpeted staircase and you know you have entered a whole new world. The carpet is stained and smelly. There was a used bar of soap in my shower. The entire room smelled. There is old furniture and equally old bed linnen. I didn't know that hotels this horrible existed. It is the kind of place where you don't want to take your shoes off because of the condition of the carpet, you need to take a shower with slippers on for fear of what fungal infection may ensue. I did not sleep. I dared not rest my head on the pillows provided. As you can imagine there is no internet in the room, only in the bar area outside. Do not stay in this hotel, even if you are completely desperate. This is a $20. a night hotel, not a $75 a night hotel. If I could have put a rating of 0 I would. Easily my worst experience ever.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Waynesville NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Is there ever a good hotel next to the airport? This is a great location (just walk the 5 min to the terminal). But the steady business undermines the place.

Day i was there the lobby area was in the midst of major rehab (stone floor, redo stucco) and that was disrupting things. Staff at checkin was friendly and helpful. Room was clean enough, but shabby. Sliding glass door to outside was secured with drilled stop, but wasn't capable of being completely closed (inch gap). Bath clean, just shabby. Good towels.

The bar was filled with locals for Friday night happy hour. Band can be enjoyed in your room till they quit at 10.

Story at checkin was the place had been sold and was being rehabbed. That will make the place match the location.

• Stayed July 2012
Lake Tahoe, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We travel to Curacao and Bonaire every year (myself, my husband and our 10 year old daughter). We usually spend time on both islands (mostly on Boanire), but this time we spent all our time on Bonaire and for the trip home we needed a hotel close to the airport in Curacao because we could not connect to Miami on the same day.
This is the first time I have ever written a bad review about a hotel. But I feel the need to warn people so that they do not go through the same thing we did. We booked the Curacao Airport Hotel (ex Hotel Holland) because it was right next door to the airport.
The hotel is dark and dingy. The room was dirty and smelled very bad. Just a small bottle of shampoo (enough for one person) and 2 small towels (There were 3 of us). The beds had just a sheet and no pillow covers.
We were hoping to hang out at the pool, get dinner and go to bed early for our flight the next day. We were told the pool area was closed because they were preparing for a private function that evening. We did not have a car because the hotel is literally walking distance from the airport so we felt there was no need to rent one. After arguing with the front desk clerk, she called the manager and she agreed to let us use the pool for a couple of hours. We were also told the restaurant was closed for this private function and there would be no food, snacks or drinks available until the next day. They offered to call pizza or Chinese food delivery. No other choices. We opted for pizza and the front desk clerk said it would be 20 minutes for our pizza to be delivered. Two hours later our pizza finally arrived.
Needless to say we were very happy to be out of there early the next morning! Not the way we wanted our until then, perfect vacation, to end!!

Unfortunately, this hotel is the only choice by the airport if you are looking for a place to stay before a connecting flight. Next time we will try to fly out directly from Bonaire to Miami on the same day (which is what we usually do) or, rent a car at the airport in Curacao and stay at the beach or in town. It would have been well worth the extra $$!!!!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there are any "good" rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Philipsburg, null, Netherlands Antilles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My cousin and I had to overnight in Curacao, before going on to St. Maarten. As it was the carnival weekend there, and we had an early flight, we decided we would stay at Hotel Holland. The front desk clerk was friendly enough, but that was about it!

When we got to the room, we turned on the ac, which took forever to cool the room. So we decided to go have some dinner at the on-site restaurant. There was one other table occupied. We ordered pina coladas and got them in high ball glasses, while the other table got the cocktail glasses. when I questioned the bar tender/waitress she said she only had three cocktail glasses, but she expected me to pay full price for the drinks. (i refused to pay for the drinks)
Then we ordered our meals (my cousin had pork chops and I had ribs). Took about one hour to get the food! The owner of the hotel was at the bar, and I asked him if there was internet in the hotel and he said yes, so at least i could do some net surfing.....HE LIED!! NO INTERNET!!!

When my cousin turned down her bed linens, the underside of the comforter was black with dirt!! We slept in our clothes!!
We had a check in time of 8 am, we left at 7, could not wait to get out of that dump!!! it was not even worth the $80 we paid.

Stay away from this place!!!

Room Tip: You are better off staying at one of the nicer hotels in Willemstad
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Curacao Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!