Pls note that it seems that once a month an extremely loud night club sets up next door to the hotel on a Friday night. I was there for this. Should you find yourself in this position, pls be aware:
1. earplugs, which the owner says (see the review comment by the manager on 14 April 2012) they provide for guests for these monthly extravaganzas, make no difference at all to the noise levels. It is way too loud.
2. Management did know about this event on the Friday afternoon I arrived and said nothing, contrary to the information provided by the owner in the same comment mentioned above. When i asked what could be done, the manager rang the owner, who said nothing at all could be done.
3. A visit to the police station to alert them to the party, once you are aware of it on Friday afternoon is well worth it. This is because the people who run this event have a permit that ceases at midnight yet they continue, as others have mentioned here, to 3 or 4 or 5 am. On this visit, obtain the police phone number and inform them of the event. I found them extremely helpful and concerned, in contrast to the owner.
4. If the music goes on beyond midnight (as it clearly always does), ask the surly night watchman for the telephone and call the police (he refused to do this for me). When I rang them at 1 am, they answered immediately and arrived at the party within 10 minutes. Five minutes later the whole event had ceased.
5. The police asked me why it was me reporting the party to them and not the Scharloo hotel staff. They informed me that they would expect the owners of the hotel to take care of their guests in this way and not have the guests coming themselves to prevent a sleepless night. I could not provide an answer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Scharloo is an elegant Historic building; it has a cozy atmosphere and is beautifully located in the charming City of Willemstad. The hotel offers a stunning view over de quay with the floating market, and the multi-colored historical Dutch colonial style buildings. Hotel Scharloo is in walking distance of restaurants, terraces, shopping centre and entertainment, and the world famous floating bridge. The hotel has 20 rooms with all his comfort and luxury. All rooms have AIRCO, CABLE-TV, FREE WIFI, A safety-BOX, and a FRIDGE; Our DeLuxe rooms offer a separate dining room with fully equipped kitchen. The most rooms are located in the villa with all his historical details. In the enclosed garden you can relax in the great lounge swimming pool or on the loungers under need the black olive tree. Visitors also come to Curacao for the spectacular sandy beaches, scuba diving, sailing and other beach sports, these are all in the surrounding area of our Hotel. Also nearby is the bus stop, for fast frequent services with great value fares, or hire a car and explore the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Scharloo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Scharloo Curacao/Willemstad