“Clean, spacious, fully adapted” 5 of 5 stars

Dolphin Suites
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Bapor Kibra z/n, Willemstad, Curacao   |
Ranked #14 of 26 Willemstad B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Clean, spacious, fully adapted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My family of four stayed at the Dolphin Suites for 2 weeks. We found it very relaxing/quiet; accommodating- I loved using their b-b-q and kitchen in our clean, open concept room; our room was big and bright with a nice sized balcony. It was great for us that Dolphin Suites was affiliated with the CDTC-it helped make our stay convenient.

Room Tip: It was great have everything adapted for wheelchairs. Though we didn't need that feature, I enjo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsford, NY, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Coming from the US and on our first Caribbean vacation we weren't sure what to expect. The price for a suite with two bedrooms was reasonable. The hotel is close to family oriented entertainment and beaches. The hotel itself is maintained very well and very clean. We had a kitchen that was quite functional although the convection oven/microwave/toaster was a bit daunting. It was an accessible suite and was nicely done with wonderfully accessible roll in shower etc. My only complaint was that the beds were not the most comfortable. After two weeks I was ready for my own bed! And I think the mattress in the smaller bedroom smelled of urine faintly. I am a stickler for smells and that did bug me. But, I know they steam clean the mattresses so hopefully this was an anomaly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
europa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We spent two weeks from Dec. 25th 2012 till Jan. 8th 2013. First of all, the people at the reception are very friendly and they are happy to help anytime to solve any request or need you have. We felt like we were staying with friends the whole time. They know everything you need to know about Curacao and they arrange anything for you: car rental, tours, air-tickets reservation, internet access, Groceries, etc. The location is very quite, secured and save. It is great for families with children. The pool area offers all kind of things to play in the pool. There is also a terrace with a bookshelf, coffee and tee for the guests anytime. You can also borrow DVDs, hair dryer, and get coins for the washmashine at the reception. They clean the Suites and change the towels every day!!! the The beach is about 3 minutes walking distance away from the suites and belongs to the Lions and Dive Resort. It is a quite sand beach and with colourful fishes everywhere. Dolphin Suites can arrange for you a meal package to eat breakfast and dinner at the Heminway restaurant at Lions and dive resort.
My recommendations:
1) If you rented a Suite, take the shuttle bus to the supermark and buy your groceries for breakfast and dinner. The Kitchen is full equiped with new stuffs and all you need to cook. Dolphin Suite can also buy the groceries for you!!!
2) If you like japanese food you must go to Ema Tai at the Riff Fort shopping mall in Willemstadt. The best japanese food with the best price ever. We ate there 5 times!!
3) Make a reservation to meet the Dolphins at the Aquarium. It is just 3 minutes away from the hotel and it is such a wonderful experience! www.dolphin-academy.com
3) Buy a snorkel and watch the colourful Fishes at the Beach nearby.
4) Rent a car and visit these beaches: Grote Knip, Porto Mari, Blue Lagoon, Blue Bay and Jan Thiel Plaza.
I am very happy and thankful for our trip and our stay in Curacao. We met other Tourists and talk about their stay, we felt very lucky to stay in Dolphin Suites.
Best wishes and have a good trip,
Griselda

Room Tip: The Suites on the top floor are the best ones.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The reason I gave two stars it that I booked this hotel expecting to have a small kitchen as advised. However the kitchen happened to be... a microwave! Well I believe it is not possible to call a room a kitchen a room without a hot plate.. moreover the space "for cooking" is really tiny and the sink for doing the dishes is the same as for the bathroom. Another downside was that I booked a "garden view room" but the garden happened to be a parking area.
The room is actually big, clean and the furniture very new, what is a plus. However apart from the glas door there is no windows.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Dolphin Suites, and were VERY happy with their service and hotel. We were greeted by the friendliest lady...I think her name was Karen....and each of their staff members greeted us with a warm smile. Totally impressed.

The family suite was large...loved the little kitchenette. It was squeaky clean. They have picnic tables in their lovely back yard area where you can eat....and a nice little pool. There isn't an ocean view that I know of, but you are just across the street from the beach.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Willemstad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Middelburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 2 weeks in a suite which has 2 bedrooms. The suites are very well equipped and spacious. Wifi in the apartments, free beach towels, daily cleaning. Small but confortable pool which is sufficient with the beach at a 2 minutes walk. A few restaurant are nearby. There is 2 times per day a free shuttle bus to a supermarket so you dont need a car. Taxi stand 50 mtr from the reception so its easy to go to willemstad which is only 15 usd. So in general, very good accommodation with dedicated service orientated staff. If I go to Wlemstad again, I will definitly book this accomm. again.

• Stayed July 2012
Arnhem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel is very neat and looks new, I stayed in a suite, which also looked neat and clean. There is a free Wi-Fi network available and a swimming pool, which in my opinion a bit small but with enough sun loungers. When staying at the hotel, you also have free access to the Sea Aquarium. Furthermore, all information regarding activities and additional services that the hotel offers is presented on a tv screen and mentioned in documentation that you receive during check-in. The surrounding area is nice, it is opposite to Sea Aquarium and approximately 10 minutes drive from Punda. The staff at Dolphin Suites I expreienced as very friendly and service oriented. I had initially booked a room that was no longer available, I got a suite instead, for the rest of my stay. Price / quality is good especially when I compare this with Floris Suite Hotel, which is a four star hotel. Opposite the hotel there is a restaurant called Hemingway where you can dine. The hotel itself has no restaurant. All in all I hab a good experience with Dolphin Suites and will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dolphin Suites? Share your experiences!